The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

M

milt

Thought I show an image with stark contrast to all the landscapes :D

SWA • SK 72L • 1/60 • f8 • iso 50 • no shift

I want to "tread" lightly, but Dan I really like the images you've posted on this thread. They have a wonderful luminosity to them! Nicely done. Makes want to stop working (got to eat) and go grab my Alpa and shot more images!
Milt

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Spring is here, and my new toy arrived.
First shoot about town with the 28mm Rodenstock HR Digeron-S with the IQ180.
Despite the specs, I was able to add 5mm rise as well as about 1.25 degree of tilt.
It was very breezy and although I waited for relative calm, I can see some motion blur in the flowers. This was shot with my back against the road :ROTFL:

-bob

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
This was shot with my back against the road

Told ya to get the 23mm. LOL

Very Nice Bob, The 28mm focal length is awesome.

dick

Spring is here, and my new toy arrived.
First shoot about town with the 28mm Rodenstock HR Digeron-S with the IQ180.
Despite the specs, I was able to add 5mm rise as well as about 1.25 degree of tilt.
It was very breezy and although I waited for relative calm, I can see some motion blur in the flowers. This was shot with my back against the road :ROTFL:

-bob
What is special about wide-angles?

Why not shoot (from the far side of the road) with a longer lens and get the church to take up more of the frame and get fewer daffodils the foreground?

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
What is special about wide-angles?

Why not shoot (from the far side of the road) with a longer lens and get the church to take up more of the frame and get fewer daffodils the foreground?
You answered your own question.
-bob

anGy

Strange choice that 28mm for an IQ180. The 32mm is more flexible, wider if shifted and in the same price level. Is it because you don't shift that you took this narrow image circle lens ? (Sorry to ask but I'm curious !)

Bob

Administrator
Staff member
Strange choice that 28mm for an IQ180. The 32mm is more flexible, wider if shifted and in the same price level. Is it because you don't shift that you took this narrow image circle lens ? (Sorry to ask but I'm curious !)
I was sorely tempted by the 32, but already own a 40 70, and 120 and thought the step to 28 was a reasonable gap and would give me a focal length that is about as wide as I ever use in a single frame without a stitch
If I were to do this over again I might have picked the 32, a Schneider 60, but then the look of the schneiders and rodies are fairly different.
On the wide end of things I much prefer the Rodie retrofocals with the lower lens cast and angle of incidence issues, so I decided to stay in the rodie family.

The 32 would have given a stitch about as wide as a 23, and more rise/fall than the 28, but I get lots of that from the 40.

So it ended up being more about lens spacing actually.
If I were more of an architectural shooter I would have favored the 32 a little more heavily.

It was an agonizing decision and I am not completely convinced it was the right one, and may not be the right one for you, but decide I did.
-bob

M

milt

Allow me to quote myself! Because I thought I show you an alternative.

Same camera position, in fact, same everything as above. But, all magenta/blue removed, totally different crop and obviously another couple passing by....

I prefer the more horizontal version since you have horizontal motion. Also the colors are more pleasing.

Nice work.

Milt

danlindberg

Thank you very much for all friendly comments. Much appreciated! Nothing to show today due to lots of work in progress. (a jolly good thing:) )

danlindberg

ALPA SWA | SK 120N | f11 | 1/15 | iso 25 | three image nodal stitch | no shift

Edit: I went to this location last Thursday evening together with my buddy in crime (nick here: Bildifokus - Nikon section). Our wifes were preparing dinner so we thought it was a good idea to disappear for a while :) See Bildifokus versions of the same scene in the image thread in the Nikon section!

Last edited:

dchew

Dan,
Wonderful as usual!

Here is some fun I had with tree reflections today. North Fork, Cuyahoga River.
Alpa STC, 70HR, f16, ~1/8. No shift

Dave

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Dan,
Wonderful as usual!

Here is some fun I had with tree reflections today. North Fork, Cuyahoga River.
Alpa STC, 70HR, f16, ~1/8. No shift

Dave
:thumbs: I think the last one would look lovely rotated 180 degrees, but then I'm a sucker for ambiguous landscapes.

--Matt

dchew

Thanks Darr and Matt.

Matt, funny because I've got a print sitting on the table rotated as you suggest. I've been staring at it like that for the last few days. I think I like it better too.
:)

Dave

yaya

Still editing through a few sets from a recent trip to the Lake District, NW England:

Rm2D, SK 43mm