The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Dan

It is great pleasure to look at your interior work . Great , absolutely great .Thanks for sharing some of your professional work . :thumbs:

@Sinhue
Thanks . That moor is just about 12km from my place .

etrump

thought it could be interesting to show my style when working weekdays assignments :)

These samples are all shot with the Alpa Max with the Schneider SuperDigitar 28 XL. All have movements, either rise or fall, between 5mm-10mm.

All are shot in ambient light with exposures ranging from 8 seconds to 16 seconds. All with iso 25.
Nice to see some of your commercial work Dan. These look great.

JonMo

Dan, I have to say I admire both your landscapes and now your professional work.
If the works you put on the forum don't make people realize it is the photographer and not just the latest and greatest gear that make the image art; nothing will.
Lowly Aptus II 5 my behind. :)

Absolutely stunning.

danlindberg

Dan, I have to say I admire both your landscapes and now your professional work.
If the works you put on the forum don't make people realize it is the photographer and not just the latest and greatest gear that make the image art; nothing will.
Lowly Aptus II 5 my behind. :)

Absolutely stunning.
WOW, big words and I say, thank you so so much!

micek

These samples are all shot with the Alpa Max with the Schneider SuperDigitar 28 XL. All have movements, either rise or fall, between 5mm-10mm.

All are shot in ambient light with exposures ranging from 8 seconds to 16 seconds. All with iso 25.
Dan, out of curiosity, if your back has a maximum exposure of 30 seconds, and some of your shots involved 16 second exposures, how did you take the LCC correction shot?
I ask because I shoot with an Aptus 22 and I find exposures of 7 seconds (and 28-30 second LCC correction shots) my top workable limit. A 16 second exposure would require -I might be mistaken- a 1 minute LCC shot. How do you do it?

danlindberg

Ah, good question and my solution is twofold.

Either I do not shoot a LCC at all and clean up the files by hand.

Or, I crank up the iso two notches and make the same exposure. Maybe not textbook, but it works....;)

jlm

Workshop Member
previously, Jack had referenced another plastic for the diffuser that did not need extra exposure when making the LCC

Jack?

yaya

Micek and Dan what you can also do is write down the aperture and lens displacement (or type it into the metadata space on the back) and create an LCC (Gain) file later on when you have proper light available, so you don't have to crank up the exposure time or iso and reduce the amount of noise that is introduced into the final image

Yair

Don Libby

Some great work here.

Began working this up yesterday not sure if its done yet or not.

Grand Tetons National Park, Cambo WRS, P65+ and a Schneider 72mm (2-image pano)

Don

rga

Roadside View, Gilroy, CA
Alpa Max, P45+, SK 80mm Apo-Digtar SB, 0-12deg Tilt/Shift adapter (very slight tilt), f/16@ 1/500, 3 shots stitched and cropped.
This shot had A LOT of dynamic range as shot was almost directly into the sun...

Bob

yaya

I like the image a lot Bob however the strong Magenta/ Green cast in the clouds (can be seen in the grass on the left and right as well) is distracting. LCC will remove it easily and you'll get much cleaner tones overall, worth a try IMO

BR

Yair

rga

I like the image a lot Bob however the strong Magenta/ Green cast in the clouds (can be seen in the grass on the left and right as well) is distracting. LCC will remove it easily and you'll get much cleaner tones overall, worth a try IMO

BR

Yair
You've a great eye Yair!
I did not use LCC (though I did take LCC exposures). Decided just to try processing in LR4.
That will teach me!
Best,
Bob

yaya

You've a great eye Yair!
I did not use LCC (though I did take LCC exposures). Decided just to try processing in LR4.
That will teach me!
Best,
Bob
Good job you took the LCC shots!

If you're on a Mac, give the stiching script in C1 a try

Cheers

Yair

rga

Good job you took the LCC shots!

If you're on a Mac, give the stiching script in C1 a try

Cheers

Yair
Hi Yair,
Can't find the stitching script; my script folder is empty...
I do run on a Mac...
Thanks for any pointers,
Bob