The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Christopher

Really great set of images Christopher. :thumbup:

Do you get 16 images out of this by shifts or nodal stitching as it looks really wide even for the big IC on the HR-W90?
While the lens has a large IC the limit with the IQ180 is something around 4/6 images.

I prefer to use nodal point stitching whenever possible. Why? Because it delivers a better quality. Even the best lenses from Schneider and Rodenstock loose some resolution when shifting. So a Nodel point image will always be better than an image shifted twice 12mm.

This means it depends on the subject. As long as it possible I use the nodel point. When it isn't (foreground special architecture) I use flat stitching.

gerald.d

This means it depends on the subject. As long as it possible I use the nodel point. When it isn't (foreground special architecture) I use flat stitching.
Hi Christopher -

Could you just expand on this? I'm not sure what you mean when you refer to situations where it is not possible to "use the nodal point".

If you're rotating the camera around the nodal point of the lens, then I'm not clear on why the subject matter should be important.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Christopher

Hi Christopher -

Could you just expand on this? I'm not sure what you mean when you refer to situations where it is not possible to "use the nodal point".

If you're rotating the camera around the nodal point of the lens, then I'm not clear on why the subject matter should be important.

Kind regards,

Gerald.
The nodal point just isn't perfect. And on some architecture (ext and interior) it is very difficult to get perfect alignments even when using a nodal point. This get's especially difficult when there are a lot of lines and other things, now put them in the foreground and it's much easier to do some flat stitching.

I hope it helps a little.

danlindberg

Cover shot for a magazine.

Alpa Max • SK 72 L • 1,6 metres distance (and a little crop) • f5.6 • 1/2 • iso 25 • lens zeroed

Last edited:

danlindberg

After shooting straight productimages (a while ago) around 40-45 different ladies bags in three different positions, it's heaven when it comes to the profile images. In this case there were three women in various agegroups and this one was the young model. Her very first assignment as a model and she was absolutely over the moon. What you see here wasn't directed, she was so happy she burst into this pose and smile naturally and the second before she said - "oh god, I can't believe am doing this..."
Obviously I instinctively pressed the shutter and it became the iconimage of their campaign. Model happy, client very happy which made me happy.....sometimes you get lucky :D
I bet after a few assignments she won't be able to do that again.....

Ps. sometimes it's nice to have a story with the photograph....
Pps. there is structure in the white on the bag in the original image, even if it looks totally gone on this webimage.

danlindberg

"Old meets new" - An art installation in glas in front of the old Torup castle, shot this afternoon. I'm in love with the Super-Digitar :p Lovely lens....

Alpa Max • SK 28 XL • 3 image focus stacking • f11 • 1/4 • 14mm rise

Altdo

Not the most interesting image. I was doing some experimenting with stitching and found a combination that seemed to work quite well.

Water Treatment by altdo, on Flickr

Horseman SWD PROII D | P45+ | Rode 35mm | F11 | 1/60th | ISO 50 | 3 Image Stitch

Last edited:

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I hope I haven't posted them before. Some work for my upcoming exhibition. All done with a TECH camera.
A large print from the first one will be in the exhibition.

Arca - IQ180 - HR-W 40
Christopher

Will the exhibition also be shown in Germany ? ? ?

danlindberg

Back home after a lovely time with the family in Disneyland Paris :thumbup:

Here's a 3-1 pano....

Alpa Max • SK 72L • 1/60 • f16 • iso 25 • left & right shift 18mm

danlindberg

....and some contrast to the last post :D

This was shot today, close range with the Schneider 72 @ 1 metre distance and wide open.

Notice the fly!?

M

milt

After shooting straight productimages (a while ago) around 40-45 different ladies bags in three different positions, it's heaven when it comes to the profile images. In this case there were three women in various agegroups and this one was the young model. Her very first assignment as a model and she was absolutely over the moon. What you see here wasn't directed, she was so happy she burst into this pose and smile naturally and the second before she said - "oh god, I can't believe am doing this..."
Obviously I instinctively pressed the shutter and it became the iconimage of their campaign. Model happy, client very happy which made me happy.....sometimes you get lucky :D
I bet after a few assignments she won't be able to do that again.....

Ps. sometimes it's nice to have a story with the photograph....
Pps. there is structure in the white on the bag in the original image, even if it looks totally gone on this webimage.

Dan,
great shot. I do love her expression.
However, I've very impressed that you're using your Alpa with people shoots. Are you focusing on the ground glass and then giving yourself enough DOF to keep her in focus?

I get nervous with focus on people with my Alpa, so I usually shift to the Phase Camera body.

Milt

danlindberg

impressed that you're using your Alpa with people shoots.

Milt
I don't. I have tried but to me it is close to impossible. In this particular case it was easier since the bag was static and focuspoint set on that, camera on tripod. Using f8 made the model ok sharp and at the same time making sure I had a long way to the background (across a field).