The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

James Clark

Happy 40th birthday to me - treated myself to an IQ160, a Cambo AE and a trip to Kaua'i. Here's my first ever tech cam image (and first MF too!)

Go easy on me, folks :)

danlindberg

Experiment!
I saw the Hasselblad 500 CM sitting in the wardrobe the other day and took it out to have a look. It really is a great little thingy! I have not loaded it with film for atleast 15 years (shame on me). Back in the day, I was a Kodachrome 64 user and later everything was Velvia. But I also found a box with some experiments, I found two rolls of Ektachrome 100 plus that was exposed for and then pushed for 400 asa (iso) when doing the E6 process. This really gave it a different look. Both in terms of grain and colour.

So, the task - replicate that look with the Alpa/Schneider/Leaf of today :)
Since I didn't find a button saying 'convert to pushed ektachrome 100' in photoshop, I had to fiddle around for an hour. Finally I think I am very close.

If I put this newly shot image beside my 25 years or so transparacies I think I could have fooled most. It fits right in. Pretty cool!

The original was from the ALPA SWA, SK 72 L and LEAF Aptus II 5.

pophoto

Happy 40th birthday to me - treated myself to an IQ160, a Cambo AE and a trip to Kaua'i. Here's my first ever tech cam image (and first MF too!)

Go easy on me, folks :)

Was this from the beach at the bottom of St Regis?
So calming, love it!
I wanna be you at age 40! :p

James Clark

Was this from the beach at the bottom of St Regis?
So calming, love it!
I wanna be you at age 40! :p
Yep. That's the spot. :) As for being me at 40, well, some days it's like that pic. Most days it's dealing with all sorts of $#&^$ so that I can afford a few days like the pic ;)

Don Libby

I'm going ahead and adding this while at the same time having mixed feelings. The image looks so much better prior to converting it to Jpeg and right now I don't have a clue what I did wrong. This was taken with the Cambo WRS and Schneider 35mm then processed using a combination of C1Pro and CS6.

Don Libby

Just as I was writing my thoughts on the color image the thought of converting to black and white entered it. Glad it did....

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hell with the color space run for cover the earth is on fire. LOL
I very often encounter a situation as well , where the "converted to jpeg" image does not look like the original at all , although I always use the same procedure .
I think we should have a detailed discussion about how to convert properly .

Don Libby

Don looks like you assigned a profile instead of convert to profile.
Not too sure what the heck I did. This was converted into Jpeg using CS6 as I wanted to test it out (I normally use C1 Pro). I'm away from the studio but will double double check when I return.

Don

At least the B&W turned out simi-okay........

Oh just to add - I was more concerned about the sky than the ground. It was sunrise and the ground and cabin really light up.