The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Ben Rubinstein

Schneiders perform extremely well at close focusing distances. When reading comparisons between Schneiders and Rodies most of the time this particular factor is left out. A Rodie does not stand a chance in this regard. This image is shot at minimum distance @30cm with the Schneider 35 XL (no macroadaptor). Deadly sharp at 100% :thumbup:

Is there a way to automatically 'like' all of Dan's images when he posts them? I love the elegant simplicity of his compositions. It's a real talent to use such simple 'strokes' to create such pleasing imagery.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Is there a way to automatically 'like' all of Dan's images when he posts them? I love the elegant simplicity of his compositions. It's a real talent to use such simple 'strokes' to create such pleasing imagery.
Dan definitely has the MikSang approach to composition and is a master at it.

Btw, perfect essence of yin-yang! :thumbs:

danlindberg

Dan definitely has the MikSang approach to composition and is a master at it.

Btw, perfect essence of yin-yang! :thumbs:
Wow guys! Thank you so much :salute:

I'm humbled by your words. No pressure now to come up with the goods. No pressure at all.....:eek:

etrump

This is the "money shot" taken on the the way to Alta Lake in Telluride.
I forgot the name of the photographer who discovered this shot, though I think it was done sin the 70's
Maybe someone can chime in.
Sinar arTec, 70mm F11, 2 images blended in Photomatix.
Needs some work...

Steven

I believe it was David Muench who made this shot famous.

yaya

Cologne, last week

Cambo WRS-1250, Rodie 32mm, Credo 80

(yes there is a sharper version of this image, I just happen to like this one better...)

And another one from earlier that evening

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Yair,

Nice! What ISO? At base, that would be something like a 1/2 second exposure (I'm wildly guessing). Or maybe it was a REALLY slow cyclist? :ROTFL:

--Matt

yaya

Thanks guys!

100 iso, 1/60 and pushed 1.25 stops...

Here's another one...a small crop from a night shot...(on a DF+)

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Interesting. The light in the bicycle picture looked more like dusk to me. I love the effect.

Flying insects making the abstract?

--Matt

yaya

Yes it was dusk but a fairly bright day, also there's ~10mm rise and I left the falloff correction off

The birds are seagulls that play over Cologne's dome's rooftops every night...