The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

Folks, There's a major change in my setup and I am as happy as can be....but, I will not tell you just yet what it is. :D Time will tell....

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Dan

Dave is right , you are such as tease . O.K. LEAF CREDO 60 , at least that's what I can figure out .
Congratulation . :thumbs:

danlindberg

Thank you :) It is a truly beautiful back. I have very carefully shimmed the back to the adaptorplate and I think I nailed it! It focuses perfectly on all distances with the 72L. Have yet to try other lenses.
Useless light today so no images worth showing, but it feels & looks amazing.
:thumbup:

Shashin

Well, if I were a heel, I would say your new setup has sole. And to boot, your images are not straight laced. All of this is tongue in cheek and I can pump the subject for all it is worth. And to sneaker in one last comment, that is a real kicker.

danlindberg

Well, if I were a heel, I would say your new setup has sole. And to boot, your images are not straight laced. All of this is tongue in cheek and I can pump the subject for all it is worth. And to sneaker in one last comment, that is a real kicker.
:clap: :D

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Folks, There's a major change in my setup and I am as happy as can be....but, I will not tell you just yet what it is. :D Time will tell....

You got a great sensor and you will love that back for sure. I loved all 4 of mine with that sensor. geez i sound like such a gear slut. LOL

Good luck and happy shooting.

rayyen

Dan, congrats to your new setup :)
Looking forward to see more stunning captures from your new back.
Just one question, why credo but not IQ?

danlindberg

What a back!!!! :thumbs: I totally love it. Yes, there will be plenty of images to come.
I hardly have words for the inspiration I feel with the exquisite Alpa in combination with the perfect back for a tech cam, Credo 60. Holy smoke this combo will rock :toocool:

A single exposure a couple of hours ago, hardly done anything to it....

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I don't know if this should go in the "Capture One 7 is the Best Thing Since Sliced Bread" thread, or here, but I took this three weeks ago when I had a brand new Schneider 60 lens for the Cambo, and was just never happy with the separation between the foreground and the willow across the pond. With C17, I like it enough now to post.

Kudos also goes to Jack's resizing action, which generates truly outstanding 1200 pixel jpegs.

Best,

Matt

bahr

First test with Arca swiss f-line6x9. both images are 3 shot stitches at iso 50.
night image is rode 90mm at 104sec and sunset image is 1/4 of a second with the 43 sk

First thoughts are i love this camera.
I am on the market for a tech or view cam for my h4d-50.
I was considering the techno, arca f line, rm3di, or even the cambo wrs.

I think i feel more comfortable using the ground glass as i don't have any experience with helical focussing. however the f line does not seem to take anything wider than 35mm and the linhof has a strange stitching back which is not the same as the arca.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hmm... I mostly use the Rm3d nowadays, but I have used the Schneider 24 on an F Line Metric. Get the deepest recessed board they have. Also, if you reverse the rear standard, it puts the ground glass quite a bit closer to the lens. Mount the back right on the camera (no slider). And that ought to get you to the super wide. I also have the M-Line 2 and with that camera you can actually get the rear element to touch the ground glass.

Good luck,
CB

bahr

Hi chris,

Rear element touching sounds a bit sketchy.lol...

However I will definately try flipping the rear standard for use with the 35 sk.
The studio I rented it from said that it was not possible to use anything below 35. I will investigate further.

May I ask what your thoughts are on the rm3d. It looks great but how does it handle in comparison to the f line.

Thanks

Tubey

My first post in this forum :salute:

A Night in Central, Hong Kong
ALPA 12 SWA * Rodenstock ALPA HR Alpagon 40 * PhaseOne P25+

Last edited:

danlindberg

Frost on the grass, but high skies and a big bright sun. Gloves on and bag over shoulder. Today I am going to try movements for the first time with the Credo!
This particular image was a very moderate lensfall of 5mm.
First image made with the Credo with 'photography' in mind and not 'testing' anything.