The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

PeterA

Alright, putting close range photography on the test out in the field. I have tested/concluded that with the macroadaptor 6.5 and the SK 72L I get perfect focus with a distance of 535mm from the front of the base of the lens. So, I have cut a piece of thin wood of this exact distance and bring with me in the field. Putting this piece of wood between the lens and the object makes my macro focusing incredibly accurate. I have yet to get a closeup out of focus. (ofcourse I have these 'woodguides' for all four lenses in combination with the 6.5 adaptor)
This image I used a sandbag to put the MAX on.

Nice image Dan - I think a tape measure might do me -:) Pythagoras comes in handy for measurement situations which may require different heights (ie different angles and therfore different distances..) and therefore Maybe a retractable and lockable tape measure is more flexible- besides I have lots of them lying around as woodwork is a hobby.:)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Capella di Vitaleta in early afternoon. I don't prefer to shoot this time of day but the clouds would always dissapate by the time the sun dropped so this is the best I have.

Cambo RS, SK 150

Note to self - I NEED to get back to the Val d'Orcia region! Seeing this reminds me of where my tripod stood a few years back although I was shooting with a D2x. I still need my reference shot of Belvedere in the mist which is just a few miles along the road from the Vitaleta chapel.

Very nice!

Last edited:

etrump

Note to self - I NEED to get back to the Val d'Orcia region! Seeing this reminds me of where my tripod stood a few years back although I was shooting with a D2x. I still need my reference shot of Belvedere in the mist which is just a few miles along the road from the Vitaleta chapel.

Very nice!
I stood in that cold, wet field over Belvedere every day for the entire week I was there hoping for that fog and this was the closest it got. Talk about frustrating, the next valley over had a beautiful layer of fog three of those days. ;) Thinking back, even a bad day in Tuscany is better than sitting here at my desk.

Tubey

Good morning ... Nam Sang Wai (南生圍), Hong Kong
ALPA 12 SWA * Rodenstock ALPA HR Alpagon 40 * PhaseOne P25+

gazwas

On a short break with my family in Anglesey, North Wales and for this trip I decided I'd take along my camera (something I never, ever do :eek:)

I'm reluctant to post one of my Landscape images here due to the quality of the images from regular contributors but here goes. Can I just first say, I'm not a landscape photographer and my method of landscape photography is to point my camera in the general direction of something beautiful happening in front of me.

Just a quick edit on my laptop so sorry if the colours and exposure are a bit off.

Early morning estuary

rga

Another view of Waimea Canyon. This is with the problematic 35mm discussed in an earlier thread:

Best,
Bob