The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

rga

When the stich goes wrong for me in the way you describe I do one of three things.

1. I just use the clone tool to tidy up a small area.

2. I go to the mask layers and reduce one layer mask and extend the other layer mask to move the point of contact.

3. I restich the images using either different settings or I use my Kolor Autopano software that has more manual control than CS but which I find is more work than Cs.

Mal
Thanks Mal. The two layers don't seem adjustable; they're just cut. I think what I may do is add one of the blended images as a layer, make its mask black and then brush in the head.
Thanks for the info on the other software.
Bob

gazwas

This is one of those images that you don't know why you like it but you do.:confused: I enjoy the beautiful textures and layers revealed by the low light.

Textured hillside

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Don't. I enjoy seeing your work.

In the West, we have this annoying habit of judging from the top, but who can stand next to Van Gogh or Mozart? (And lets face it, criticism is cheap.) The Japanese take a very different attitude. When they go to an exhibition, they think this is what so-and-so can do right now and they appreciate it for what it is.

Show your work. We are all going down the same road.
Thanks, and you, too, Jurgen. I do appreciate that.

My piano teacher put it very well. If you think only about what isn't perfect, you'll spend all your energy criticizing yourself. Start out finding in your own work that small amount to praise. Over time, you find more and more. This is not to get an irrational view of one's talent, but to build a sense of worth where there is merit.

Of course, realizing this intellectually and feeling it are very different things.

Another simple, but universally applicable description of progress is through the four stages of
1) Unconscious Incompetence,
2) Conscious Incompetence,
3) Conscious Competence,
4) Unconscious Competence.

Getting from 2) to 3) is the most emotionally difficult part. 3) to 4) may take longer, or maybe forever, but there is at least pleasure in doing something well.

OK. Back to processing!

--Matt

danlindberg

About half the time I post in this thread, I hit submit, look back at the thread, :eek:, and then delete my post. The quality is inspiring, but also intimidating.

So a big :thumbup: to you for posting!

--Matt
I definitely like your style :) plenty of good photography here, but at the same time we are all, without exception, in a never ending learning process! I guess that's the point as well! To read, to see, to learn. So, don't delete anything....:salute:

danlindberg

Who says a Schneider Super-Digitar 28 XL shouldn't/couldn't be used with the big guns? (yes I know it isn't recomendable with the 80 backs but many say it is borderline also with the 60 backs!)
Since it is the lens that I 'want' to work with the new back I have spent considerable time to try out many setups, movements, with/without CF and so on. My conclusion is that my combo is nothing short of stellar! This image is shot today and the original 16 bit tiff (76x56cm @300dpi) has incredible sharpness, microcontrast and overall 'feel' that I very very much like.
To those people who rule out this lens because of the bad writeups - do not dismiss it without trying!!

jars121

Who says a Schneider Super-Digitar 28 XL shouldn't/couldn't be used with the big guns? (yes I know it isn't recomendable with the 80 backs but many say it is borderline also with the 60 backs!)
Since it is the lens that I 'want' to work with the new back I have spent considerable time to try out many setups, movements, with/without CF and so on. My conclusion is that my combo is nothing short of stellar! This image is shot today and the original 16 bit tiff (76x56cm @300dpi) has incredible sharpness, microcontrast and overall 'feel' that I very very much like.
To those people who rule out this lens because of the bad writeups - do not dismiss it without trying!!

Stunning as usual Dan!

rga

Fabulous image Dan!
Do you mind sharing what you ended up putting in the soup to make it so delicious? CF? How far you can shift? Any processing magic?
Thanks,
Bob

danlindberg

Fabulous image Dan!
Do you mind sharing what you ended up putting in the soup to make it so delicious? CF? How far you can shift? Any processing magic?
Thanks,
Bob
I did do a few things....but not a whole lot.

The yellowish colour is not increased in saturation (AWB), I seldom do that, but in this image I can see it looks that way, but for this effect I went the other way and desaturated the sky and the reflected part slightly. I wanted primarily the blue colour to be secondary.
Further I have lightened the flooredges on the left inside the structure but kept the surrounding originally dark for accentuated contrast.
Believe it or not, but NO centre filter was used, can't help it but I see a clear difference in sharpness.
I have 8mm rise. LCC applied. No extra sharpening. Not cropped at all. Saved as 16 bit Tiff.

rga

The yellowish colour is not increased in saturation (AWB), I seldom do that, but in this image I can see it looks that way, but for this effect I went the other way and desaturated the sky and the reflected part slightly. I wanted primarily the blue colour to be secondary.
Further I have lightened the flooredges on the left inside the structure but kept the surrounding originally dark for accentuated contrast.
Believe it or not, but NO centre filter was used, can't help it but I see a clear difference in sharpness.
I have 8mm rise. LCC applied. No extra sharpening. Not cropped at all. Saved as 16 bit Tiff.
Dang! Almost straight out of the box!! Really impressive.
Thanks Dan,
Bob

Great image as always dan. I'm seeing a (not so noticeable) sensor dust on one of the windows reflecting the sky on the upper left hand side ;)

Soon I will be posting images here. Get my max in the next couple days!

danlindberg

This image was assigned and briefed in detail. Client was impressed that I got it so close to what she envisioned. Nice feeling of satisfying a client like that :)

Tubey

Really nice image. Would you mind describing your toning techniques on this one.

Thanks Flynnyfalcon. The key is to use a GND filter to correct any contrast imbalance across the scene. The colour saturation was then adjusted a bit via Capture One.

I am a newbie ... it is just my 2 cents. :)

M

mjr

Afternoon all

I'm happy after 9 weeks at work to be back in the lovely North of Sweden and picking up my Alpa again, it is such a wonderful thing to use.

Took a couple of quick shots today, just to get some practice in , it's a bit chilly up here after 9 weeks in Iraq!

Cheers

Mat

M

mjr

Here's a second, taken about 10 miles away from the first, the river is quite fast moving but is starting to freeze up.

M

mjr

Thanks for the likes people! Very nice of you.

I'm enjoying getting to grips with C1 7 actually, tried some B&W, quite liking this.