The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

Fall is passed. Winter is knocking on the door. We are expecting snow this weekend and our cars have wintertires on. Firewood stored in the cellar, lots of candles at hand and I am giving my high end audio system a polish for those dark evenings with music and a glas of red wine (or single malt).

Byebye fall, this is my last fall image for this year. A 2:1 pano, flatstich with the Alpa Max.

Tom Holdsworth

Here's Kilgore Falls - about an hour away from me in Maryland (shot in early Nov) - I preferred the B&W version, the hurricane that blew through took down many of the leaves so the color was a bit weak.

I think I used my 47XL on a Rm3di - back is my recently acquired P45+

Tom

Bill Caulfeild-Browne

Fall is passed. Winter is knocking on the door. We are expecting snow this weekend and our cars have wintertires on. Firewood stored in the cellar, lots of candles at hand and I am giving my high end audio system a polish for those dark evenings with music and a glas of red wine (or single malt).

Byebye fall, this is my last fall image for this year. A 2:1 pano, flatstich with the Alpa Max.

Pretty much the same here in Ontario, Dan, though I tend to have more wine than wood in my cellar. Now is the time to start printing those images from the last 8 or 9 months!

But a nice sunny winter day can be magic too! Keep sharing those magic images of yours, please.

Bill

danlindberg

Thanks Bill, and sure thing, this morning waking up everything was white white white....
I am a tripodguy but sometimes force myself not to use a tripod just to loosen up a bit and do a little bit more of snapshots. Today was one of those days. Light snowfall and many virgen snowfields. I took the Alpa TC, SK35XL and Credo 60 and went for a walk.
No centrefilter and 100iso to be able to shoot at 1/60 and f8. Guesstimating or hyperfocal focus.
It is really great to feel secure that I can handhold this combination for sharp results at 1/60. And with the large round Alpa spiritlevel on top of the TC, I still have control with horisontal/vertical lines. A very light and yet powerful setup!!
Lastly with the big files from Credo 60 I have no hesitation in making 2:1 panos from the original file, it is in its original size 76cm wide at 300dpi. Amazing.

So, here is Svaneholm castle handheld :)

Swissblad

Thanks Bill, and sure thing, this morning waking up everything was white white white....
I am a tripodguy but sometimes force myself not to use a tripod just to loosen up a bit and do a little bit more of snapshots. Today was one of those days. Light snowfall and many virgen snowfields. I took the Alpa TC, SK35XL and Credo 60 and went for a walk.
No centrefilter and 100iso to be able to shoot at 1/60 and f8. Guesstimating or hyperfocal focus.
It is really great to feel secure that I can handhold this combination for sharp results at 1/60. And with the large round Alpa spiritlevel on top of the TC, I still have control with horisontal/vertical lines. A very light and yet powerful setup!!
Lastly with the big files from Credo 60 I have no hesitation in making 2:1 panos from the original file, it is in its original size 76cm wide at 300dpi. Amazing.

So, here is Svaneholm castle handheld :)

Now that's what I call a P&S!

Sinuhe :)

Bildifokus

Dan is a friend of mine and I know how careful he is before he press the release button. When he does it's for sure a stunning image.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I appreciate DAN's work very very much and think P&S = point and shoot would degrade his work enormous .
Therefore I can not believe P&S stands for point and shoot .

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Don't worry folks, this might be a subtle language issue but I'm certain that Sinhue is using the term P&S in an ironic yet a very complementary way towards the use of the TC for portable/walkabout use. Kind of like seeing a Bentley with four or five people in it and saying "that's one hell of a people mover" etc.

It's definitely not saying that Dan's images are P&S snapshots! It is a beautiful handheld shot so that would also apply.

First time stitching with the Alpa. Shot an interior for for a chocolatier - Henri Le Roux here in Paris. The place ended up being much smaller than I thought it would be, so I decided to give stitching a try, and it worked out pretty great!

HR40 SB17 w/ 17mm Tilt/shift

Swissblad

Sinhue

Please explain to me what you mean by P&S . Will you ? ? ?
Hi Jürgen

As Graham pointed out, I was using the term P&S (point and shoot) in an ironic sense....... ie, Dan was able to make this photo without a tripod, just hand holding his ALPA with a 60mp MFDB......:)

It was in no way detracting from Dan's skill and fastidious sense of composition.

HTH, Sinuhe