The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Marlyn

This is excellent and also different to the 99% of Jokuslaron Lagoon shots I've seen which always seem to emphasize the blue-ness of the ice or isolation of chunks against the black sand. The warmth of the sunrise really makes this image special IMHO.

Very very nice! :thumbs:

I'm going there for two weeks at the end of March / early April and so it'll be interesting to see how that beach and scenery is at that time of year.
Thanks Graham, much appreciated.

First time I went there was in May 2010, when we were over shooting the Volcano. It is pretty nice, and I agree, good to get something 'different'.

I will also be there in March next year, mid march. Trying to shoot some Aurora.
And the obligatory trip to Jokuslaron :)

Regards

Mark.

etrump

Shot in August 2012

They constantly change, it's glacier fed so new ice comes down to the beach daily.

I am going back in march, will see what it is like then.

Regards. Mark
I'm planning a trip for August, good to have an idea of this beach around that time.

Thanks,
Ed

rayyen

Neglect my B&W for a while... since I jump into digital world back in April last year...

Time to do some development by myself : )

Camera: ALPA 12SWA + ALPA 69 Filmback
Lens: Schneider Digitar 47XL
Film: Rollei 80s
Exposure: Handheld - f5.6 - 1/15sec
Developer: HC110 7.5min

gerald.d

And before the smoke kinda ruined it all...

/edit

Damn. Just noticed that "mirror image" problem on this one :( Will have to clean that up!

Last edited:

Geoff

shots of winter, visiting in-law in Goshen Indiana. Taken with new Linhof Techno, old 58 mm SA XL lens (surprisingly!), KG sliding back, Leaf 7. Having a blast!

Geoff

One more, big.

The other is a funny tech camera action shot: 7 AM, mostly dark, and this Amish cart comes by so so speedy, blurred, the horse almost invisible. Slow tech becomes action central. The slight vignette on the upper left is the photog's finger, flicking the shutter....

Last edited:

tjv

How are you finding stitching using front movements only, Geoff? Personally, I'll never use my Techno to stitch (yeah, I know. Never say never), but it'd be good to know your thoughts.
T

Geoff

Purchase of a Kapture Group stitching back was a last minute "well maybe it will be of use..." and it turns out to be a lot of fun. You can get a lot of variation with a multi-position stitching back and a rotating sensor. Not only broad use of the lens circle, but also composition on the fly, as you can change proportions pretty easily.

For these images, practically no front front movements were used, except in the most extreme one above (landscape of snow and farm) where three horiz stitches were supplemented by two "end shots" with front shift as a way to pick up more view. Along came some nasty color shifts, which were eased by use of BW and a bit of cropping.

If your question is more along the lines of "can I use front shift and rear rise/fall to get stitching in film?", don't quite know the answer, but a guess would be sure, why not? Especially for landscapes, where the change in lens position (front shifts only, use the rear rise/fall on the Techno) probably wouldn't be so noticeable.

Many of the stitching backs can take plates for either a digital or film back. The other really interesting thing is that use of a 3 way stitching back makes a 58 > width than a plain 40 mm lens, so that one lens (and post) can carry you a long ways. But if use of color is key, it does make for some challenging LCC work.

Last edited:

rga

Not sure if this is appropriate for this forum, but since I don't often hang my images (most of which are taken with the Alpa), I thought I would post here:

Many of my "Bench Views" series of images are on now display at Main Street Coffee Roasting Company, Ltd., in Redwood City. There is a short multimedia of the images on Vimeo ( Bench Views on Vimeo ).

If you are ever in that area, it's a hidden Redwood City jewel that serves amazing breakfast and lunch and, on Saturday mornings, an outrageous brunch with various local bands playing on the patio. Of course the coffee is fantastic (Bob, one of the owners, is a master roaster; one of the few independent roasters left in the Bay Area).

Hope you can make it over to enjoy this unique venue and the images.
Best,
Bob

rga

Bit of a cloudy/eventually rainy day at Pt. Lobos, CA. Just practicing tilt and shift/stitch with the Alpa Rodenstock HR 50mm SB34 and focus mask with the IQ160. Very pleased with the focus mask in the IQ (though I did have some weird technical glitches).
Alpa Max, 50mm Rodenstock HR SB34, 17mm T/S and 17mm extension, IQ160.

Bob

Pemihan

In Gribskov, the fourth largest forest in Denmark, on a rainy winter day.
Cambo WRS, SK35XL, Mamiya DM33.

kdphotography

I just got back from Oregon and couldn't pass up photographing what essentially is someone's backyard. :bugeyes:

Yachat's Piece of Paradise. Cambo WRS, Rodenstock HR40 t/s, IQ180. 3-shot pano.

ken

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
We're lucky enough up here to have those scenes as roadside drive-by's too. :D

The question is, just how wet did you get shooting it? :ROTFL:

jlm

Workshop Member
being an Oregon native, a flash from '75: toyo view, 4x5 tri-x, 210 schneider
quick scan, might have mirrored it, i think this is actually looking north

view from Heceta Head, right next to Yachats