The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

One on lens, One on back.

Eric
Eric,

That's an interesting concept, enabling concurrent tilt and swing. I presume that one was merely used as a spacer when you captured the lens image above...

If you had the earlier Rodenstock 90mm on Alpa before this newer one, do you perceive much difference? I've had this 90mm Alpagon on order for several months but so far no joy...

David

rga

Eric,

That's an interesting concept, enabling concurrent tilt and swing. I presume that one was merely used as a spacer when you captured the lens image above...

If you had the earlier Rodenstock 90mm on Alpa before this newer one, do you perceive much difference? I've had this 90mm Alpagon on order for several months but so far no joy...

David
Hi David,
He could have also used back and front tilt simultaneously...
Bob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I agree with the other notes regarding Dan's work. The images contain just enough subject, tone, colour and texture to effectively tell the story and send the message. And absolutely nothing superfluous left in there to take away from the essence of the image.

Don't you just hate that? :ROTFL: :cry:

danlindberg

I agree with the other notes regarding Dan's work. The images contain just enough subject, tone, colour and texture to effectively tell the story and send the message. And absolutely nothing superfluous left in there to take away from the essence of the image.

Much much appreciated Graham :salute:

We should hide his batteries...
Shashin, this made my day.....:ROTFL: :D:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

jotloob

Subscriber Member

Thanks Graham .:thumbup: I can only agree to what you say .
Would we not all like to have a bit of DAN's image world in us ? ? ?

Again , DAN will go on posting wonderful images till he finally is "sentenced" to pass on his technical and emotional ability to shoot in a workshop .

The jug goes to the well until it breaks .:ROTFL:

David,
I use and push every image to the limits, so almost never is a tilt/shift used merely as a spacer. On this picture I used the two tilt shifts to give a total of around 10-12 degrees of tilt on the 32mm. With this being said, the 32mm with two tilt/shifts becomes a macro wide angle. So the 10-12 degrees is not all that extreme as it would be not in macro.

I have not tried the older 90mm. However, I can say that this 90 is out of this world sharp. I have heard that everyone from Alpa and Rodenstock are working their hardest to fill out all the orders for the new 90mm. It seems peoples interest in the lens is outgrowing production. I'd say this is a good thing, and for all those who think the medium format business is going down, think again!

Hope this helps,
Eric

Eric,

David

MaxKißler

Well I suppose this image fits in here even though I used my Cambo Legend 4x5 view camera. It was more or less a test shot: The goal was to see whether lenses designed for 4x5 film are usable with a digital back and whether stitching was possible in order to get the same field of view as with 4x5 film. The Rodenstock 150mm Sironar N really impressed me but stitching proved to be tougher than expected. I'm dreaming of a tech cam as it would make everything so much easier, but it's just out of reach at the moment.

Could anyone please tell me the financially most advantageous way of aquiring a tech cam or whether there are alternatives. I thought of a solution like a Cambo Master with a recessed lens board for a 47mm XL. Any ideas? And no, I don't want to hear anything about ski masks... :D

9 shot stitch that almost matches the 4x5 film area.

100% crop, no sharpening applied.

Last edited: