The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

alajuela

Hew Zealand
Cambo AE Roden 40mm IQ 180
It was unusually dark, it was ominous, yet the background light amazing. Taken about 6:30 as the sun was lower than the mountains (Glaciers)

I should also say - there were these attack insects flying around, which were quite effective.

Any comments?

Thanks

Phil

alajuela

Another New Zealand shot close to Queenstown,
it prints so nice - my mother wants one :D
Cambo AE Roden 28mm IQ 180

Frederic

been scouting most of the day with the arca for a series I'm trying to complete. so nothing special there, but I guess it's about time I post something else than LCCs :D

rm3di | rs40 | aptus II-7

tjv

Ah, lovely to see a pic of my back yard on here. The light in NZ is usually intense and often ominous and you've caught it well.

Hew Zealand
It was unusually dark, it was ominous, yet the background light amazing. Taken about 6:30 as the sun was lower than the mountains (Glaciers)

I should also say - there were these attack insects flying around, which were quite effective.

Any comments?

Thanks

Phil

gerald.d

I need to do some work on this (not least get rid of that darn fishing rod!), but here's a 3x15 pano I shot yesterday.

To give an idea as to the detail in this, here's a 100% crop from where the red rectangle is:

alajuela

Hi Gerald
Really nice pano, Really great Job!!! I know how hard it is to work on them in computer once you have them assembled. looks like it is curving up and away towards the right side.
How did you shot it?
Thanks
Phil

gerald.d

Hi Gerald
Really nice pano, Really great Job!!! I know how hard it is to work on them in computer once you have them assembled. looks like it is curving up and away towards the right side.
How did you shot it?
Thanks
Phil
I'll have a look at that Phil, but I'm pretty sure that's just the natural curve of the shoreline. That's actually just the automated stitch out of AutoPano Giga though, so perhaps there's something going on that I'll discover when I get around to checking things manually and maybe try tweaking the projection a bit.

3 rows of 15 shots. 210mm Schneider on the FPS, mounted on Seitz VR Drive 2.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

etrump

Hi Gerald
How did you shot it?
Thanks
Phil
Looks pretty level to me. Nice pano and the resolution looks phenomenal.

alajuela

I'll have a look at that Phil, but I'm pretty sure that's just the natural curve of the shoreline. That's actually just the automated stitch out of AutoPano Giga though, so perhaps there's something going on that I'll discover when I get around to checking things manually and maybe try tweaking the projection a bit.

3 rows of 15 shots. 210mm Schneider on the FPS, mounted on Seitz VR Drive 2.

Kind regards,

Gerald.
Thanks Gerald, again really nice, I also use AutoPano Giga, very happy with it and the new version better than the last. Panos are really fun, I am trying to figure out how to shot a city block in Shanghai, (should mention is a two lane street) waiting till it gets warm - as my first attempts didn't really make it. :banghead:
Would love to see yours printed.
Thanks again
Phil

Last edited:

alajuela

Phil, NZ has some nasty biting sandflies that leave bumps which last up to 6 weeks!
Right, probably the only nasty thing in NZ, the people are nice, no poisonous snakes or insects, and sheep are tame. I must add , probably the cleanest country I have ever been to. Living in Shanghai now, air not so clean.
Best
Phil

Leigh

Hew Zealand
Any comments?
Phil,

That's an outstanding shot. Well seen and well executed. Bravo! :thumbs:

- Leigh