The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

rga

Hite Cove Trail, just west of El Portal, CA
Alpa MAX, 50HR SB, tilt and, you guessed it, fingers crossed... :)

tsjanik

Right, probably the only nasty thing in NZ, the people are nice, no poisonous snakes or insects, and sheep are tame. I must add , probably the cleanest country I have ever been to. Living in Shanghai now, air not so clean.
Best
Phil
Having experienced sandflys firsthand, I can understand why the Maori incorporated them into legend. Quote from the source listed below:

“Early Maori legend even has it that the god Tu-te-raki-whanoa had just finished creating the landscape of Fiordland, but the landscape was so stunning in beauty that it stopped people from working and they stood around staring in awe. The goddess Hinenuitepo became so angry at these unproductive people that she created the sandfly to bite them and get them moving again.”

Sandflies a curse and a blessing | Stuff.co.nz

drevil

Staff member
yat, did you stay in the hotel on top?
i really wanna go there again this year, after 9 nine years break

Don Libby

A client just asked if I had any images of Spider Woman Rock. This dates back to April 2009 and was shot with a Cambo WRS/P45+. As luck would have it, we're passing through here in a couple weeks to Monument Valley; maybe I'll get another chance with the IQ160....

WRS/P45+ SK 35mm

Don

tjv

Anyone using their tech cam to shoot portraits? One reason I went with the Techno is that I love taking portraits and the process if interacting with people when negotiating such a technically demanding tool.

danlindberg

Anyone using their tech cam to shoot portraits? One reason I went with the Techno is that I love taking portraits and the process if interacting with people when negotiating such a technically demanding tool.
Indeed! It is a challange and you need an understanding model, focusing blindly. But when it works out it is rewarding. I had a 45 minute session with this model outdoors, 5 different compositions, around a dozen exposures for each comp. Resulting in 3 images that both me and the model were happy with. In my view not too bad....

Here's one of the three - Alpa TC, Schneider 120N wide open, Credo 60, tripodmounted.

yatlee

yat, did you stay in the hotel on top?
i really wanna go there again this year, after 9 nine years break
Thanks, Yes, I stayed at the hotel on top. Most sunrise location are half an hour walk away from the hotel. I can only say that I was really lucky being there the first time.