The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

anGy

Thanks Photomgraphy, this is also my preferred one. Nice 50" print made of it. Some WW2 shelters remains here on the belgian coast already are inspiring. Can't wait to see those from Normandy. Have fun with the Austrian ones !

Christopher

Hey, so finally I have some time to post something again. Has been a while and really busy. I hope to have more time in the next few weeks.:)

Arca | IQ180 | 70HR | 10 Images

Arca | IQ180 | 40HR | 3 Images

wesley

STC, Sinaron Digital 55/4.5, DM22, 3 shots stitched. A rework of my old files with C1 7.1 and Silver Efex

It might be a bit bored with the "default" shooting location... but it's always excited to meet a scene with lovely cloud and wave.

Twelve apostles

M_000667 by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr

Grayhand

Alpa STC, Rodenstock Apo-Sironar Digital 35mm HR, Phaseone P40+, Square crop, tint with Silver Efex

2 Deers waterfall by Wesley Tsang, on Flickr
I do come back to this photo.
It is a lot of things I like about it!

But what is realy special for me in this one is the small sliver of sky on the top,
with the clear outline of the trees and the small bush in the bottom of the picture.
There is a clear communications between this two elements in the picture :thumbs:

Ray

darr

Old Gulf Station, Quincy FL
Max + 28xl + P45

A first test shot with the 28xl. The sun was spilling over the rear of the building and there was some flair to deal with. I had heard some negative stuff about this lens, but I wanted the perspective; I am glad I sprung for it. With the P45, it handled well at f/11 with a 7mm rise. This is a quickie, no LCC, no C1, just Lightroom and some tweaks. This is located in a bad neighborhood and a few walker-byes stopped to say hi that did make me feel a bit uncomfortable. I could not wait for my guy to tag along as I was too anxious to try the lens out. :loco: Next time, he comes with me!

wesley

I do come back to this photo.
It is a lot of things I like about it!

But what is realy special for me in this one is the small sliver of sky on the top,
with the clear outline of the trees and the small bush in the bottom of the picture.
There is a clear communications between this two elements in the picture :thumbs:

Ray
Pleased that you enjoy the shot Ray. :D The small piece of ground that allow me to take this shot is about 15ft above the ground/water level with only 3x3 feet big... I scratched my beloved newly acquired Gitzo sys3 tripod when climbing up... had 4-5 trials when I did the post processing and this one selected as last.

It's a joy to make this shot. Cheers! :salute:

Pemihan

Grand Staircase Escalante, Utah.
Cambo WRS, SK35XL, Leaf Aptus II 7.
Two vertical shots, stitched and slightly cropped.

I'm standing on top of a butte similar to the ones in the picture, the drop down is about 700 feet. Nevertheless in the full size image you can see the cracks in the dry wash below! The quality of the files of the Aptus II 7 and SK35XL never stops to amaze me...

A behind the scenes shot of your truly on the job can be seen in the Behind The Scenes thread here: http://www.getdpi.com/forum/medium-format-systems-digital-backs/31282-behind-scenes-4.html

Two images from Davenport Beach last friday. Both taken with the 32 HR, 17mm tilt adaptor, with Alpa STC and IQ 180 at ISO 35. The first is a 1s exposure and the second 6s. The first taken as the sun was about to set and the second obviously much earlier with lots more light. I did use a little bit of tilt in both images.

thrice

First day with the P45 and Alpa SWA.... learning curve to be sure.

The buildings with about 10mm shift. No LCC's applied. All shots 35mm APO-Digitar. The portrait shot wide open - see crop, I think the lens is plenty sharp wide open.

Thank you to my dear girlfriend Sarah for allowing me to post an unedited 100% crop of an image of her with such biting sharpness ;)

danlindberg

This is from yesterday and comes with a nice little story :) Around 30 minutes before sunset my oldest daughter (11 years old) comes to me and says: "dad, can we go out and make a photograph of the sunset?" First time she ever asked this and I grabbed the opportunity at once and quickly put on the newly arrived SK 120 N (short barrel conversion) onto the MAX and off we go.
I ask her some questions if she has something particular in mind or we just drive around...she wants a tree! and the sunset! OK, lets look for trees with the sunset in the background and before long she points at a lonely tree 20 metres from the country road.
She unfolds the tripod to full extension (yes, I descreetly doublechecked that is was secure :shocked: ) And then I asked her to place the tripod where she wanted me to put on the camera. She chose a spot and I put on the camera. Then I explained that she had to point the lens towards what she wanted to photograph and look at the sprirtlevels on the tripodhead and adjust until both were level. Then I gave her the Disto and she took the reading to the tree, she set the distance on the lens. I showed her where to switch on the back and while that was booting, I gave her the cable release to screw on. We guessed the exposure values together and she set them. Then she took the picture and reviewed it on the back. Big eyes and big smile - COOL!
So, 11 years old and this is her first capture. ;)
(Edit: I should add that it is the entire width of the original capture, I only cropped the bottom for 2:1 ratio)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Dan,

I suspect that the acorn hasn't fallen far from the tree :D We'll be looking forward to the images from your new apprentice - no doubt taking advantage of that II 5 and a youthful new Alpa user.

:thumbs:

darr

This is from yesterday and comes with a nice little story :) Around 30 minutes before sunset my oldest daughter (11 years old) comes to me and says: "dad, can we go out and make a photograph of the sunset?" First time she ever asked this and I grabbed the opportunity at once and quickly put on the newly arrived SK 120 N (short barrel conversion) onto the MAX and off we go.
I ask her some questions if she has something particular in mind or we just drive around...she wants a tree! and the sunset! OK, lets look for trees with the sunset in the background and before long she points at a lonely tree 20 metres from the country road.
She unfolds the tripod to full extension (yes, I descreetly doublechecked that is was secure :shocked: ) And then I asked her to place the tripod where she wanted me to put on the camera. She chose a spot and I put on the camera. Then I explained that she had to point the lens towards what she wanted to photograph and look at the sprirtlevels on the tripodhead and adjust until both were level. Then I gave her the Disto and she took the reading to the tree, she set the distance on the lens. I showed her where to switch on the back and while that was booting, I gave her the cable release to screw on. We guessed the exposure values together and she set them. Then she took the picture and reviewed it on the back. Big eyes and big smile - COOL!
So, 11 years old and this is her first capture. ;)
(Edit: I should add that it is the entire width of the original capture, I only cropped the bottom for 2:1 ratio)
Beautiful story, beautiful image!! :salute: