The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Pemihan

Sonoran Desert NM, Arizona.
Cambo WRS, SK35XL or SK47XL - forgot to take note, Leaf Aptus II 7.
Two horizontal shots, stitched and slightly cropped.

After our wedding, we decided to go to the park and take some photos with the FPS. The photos came out far better than I had thought. Out of 150 photos, there were about 80 useable photos, and 31 keepers.

Here are 3.

Alpa FPS
50HR Alpagon
FPS Tilt Adapter
P65+

thrice

Some snaps with the SWA and 35XL in London. Is the flare typical of this lens or could it be because of the UV filter I had fitted?

craigosh

They look great Daniel.
You talking about the flare from the street lights? Looks to me like its the filter, maybe coming from the front element and the filter!?. The bit at the edge of the 2nd pic is flare across the sensor.

Uaiomex

Hi Daniel, great website pictures too. Just to make sure: Is that a non+ P45 back? To me it looks amazing at everything!. I know, it's the photographer :)
Eduardo

First day with the P45 and Alpa SWA.... learning curve to be sure.

The buildings with about 10mm shift. No LCC's applied. All shots 35mm APO-Digitar. The portrait shot wide open - see crop, I think the lens is plenty sharp wide open.

Thank you to my dear girlfriend Sarah for allowing me to post an unedited 100% crop of an image of her with such biting sharpness ;)

Last edited:

thrice

Great shot Graham! Any exposure blending as well as the focus stacking?

Here's a quick location portrait:

Along with a crop since I'm so damn impressed with this Schneider.

One of my favorite photos from the park after our wedding. Taken with an Alpa FPS and 50HR Alpagon. Can't wait to adapt this style of shooting to fashion photography.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
No exposure blending thanks to the reverse ND. Just focus stack for full DoF and I don't think that a tilt could do this.

I'm a fan of traditional grads ... I hate exposure blending, personally.

thrice

Likewise, it seems to invariably rob sharpness through movement of the subject or the software blending. Sometimes however, it offers a solution to a very tricky scene.

Uaiomex

Have you tried long exposures with the non+? I've heard this back can go for a few minutes. I'm looking for a clean 4 minute exposure max. If true, I could go this way and save the extra money for the much more popular PLUS model.
Thanks
Eduardo

This is a 4 minute (if I recall well) picture of mine shot with a 5D2.
http://www.getdpi.com/forum/attachm...695326-zensorial-gravitaci%F3n-sobre-s%ED.jpg

Hi Eduardo, just the plain P45, non plus.
That reminds me, I gotta buy some more batteries!

dchew

I've been busy and out of commission for a while building this:

Which of course involved cutting and welding on a brand new Jeep! Anyway, we took it for a fun trip to the Adirondacks over the weekend. I fell in love with this tree here:

But when I started the task of spot removal, I zoomed in and got very depressed. These couldn't possibly be spots! Then it dawned on me: Bugs!! Although I think they are in focus :D

Ugh. Now what do I do with that?? Sensors have just gone way too far...
:)

Dave