The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Darn close! :clap:

In looking at the BW again, seems something happened in the processing (not me of course!!). Here's the color version: call it Keydacrhome :ROTFL:

Opinions/preferences?
Thanks,
Bob
OK, I noticed that the props are getting bigger. I'm now looking forward to the Grand Piano on the beach shot! In Keydachrome of course. :ROTFL::thumbup:

Opinions? I'm always wary of talking about someone else's baby ... You know why you shot it this particular way so who are we to second guess? But since you ask:

Personally I prefer the B&W image although I find the top left corner distracting due to treatment that makes it look like a light leak (I know it's not but it looks like it). Also, maybe too much piano and not enough scenery? Unlike your bench series and also the previous piano images, the piano has transitioned from being an accent or focal point anchoring in the scene to now being the dominant subject. For me at least, it needs more negative space.

I do like the series approach.. Keep 'me coming. :thumbup:

rga

OK, I noticed that the props are getting bigger. I'm now looking forward to the Grand Piano on the beach shot! In Keydachrome of course. :ROTFL::thumbup:

Opinions? I'm always wary of talking about someone else's baby ... You know why you shot it this particular way so who are we to second guess? But since you ask:

Personally I prefer the B&W image although I find the top left corner distracting due to treatment that makes it look like a light leak (I know it's not but it looks like it). Also, maybe too much piano and not enough scenery? Unlike your bench series and also the previous piano images, the piano has transitioned from being an accent or focal point anchoring in the scene to now being the dominant subject. For me at least, it needs more negative space.

I do like the series approach.. Keep 'me coming. :thumbup:
Thanks Graham. I've noticed some of the same issues. I'll be working on it.
This is part of a 7 piano installation along the San Mateo, CA coastline:
Not a Mirage: Pianos Sit in the Mist All Along the San Mateo Coast | KQED News Fix
Gone after tonight.

As for the piano becoming more of the focal point, there was really no place to go! It was just behind a roadside dune with a cliff in front of it. No way to stand behind, in front or to the right. So not a lot of venue to work!

Thanks for your input. It's REALLY valuable to me and much appreciated, :thumbs:
Bob

rga

One more shot of the final piano bench. Just when I thought things couldn't get any more weird, the mad hatter comes along and plays Misty...
Alpa MAX, IQ160, HR 35 SB17

Bench View - Mad Hatter

pedro39photo

Amazing pics Tubey !!! congratulations.
The balance of the remain daylight and the city lights are perfect...

Can you please post some technical information? stop/iso/speed and nd filters used.

Thanks
Pedro

Jae_Moon

Baltimore Penn Station

A quiet Sunday afternoon at the station but there were 4 policemen patrolling. Balcony area is ABSOLUTELY prohibited to any access.

Arca Swiss Rm3di, SK35 with CF. 15mm shift.

Last edited:

rga

Walker's Cafe, San Pedro, CA
Alpa MAX, SK Digitar 80 SB34, IQ160

And right across the street
Alpa MAX, 32 HR SB17, IQ160

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Re: Baltimore Penn Station

A quiet Sunday afternoon at the station but there were 4 policemen patrolling. Balcony area is ABSOLUTELY prohibited to any access.

Arca Swiss Rm3di, SK35 with CF. 15mm shift.
Yes Jae

That is the trouble with many interior objects . You can't get to the point for shooting , you would like to . And then , you always have the feeling , the shot is only a compromise .
A good series of interior shots . :thumbup: I like them .

Ken_R

Cabe Garden Bay (I was on the point), British Virgin Islands. This was a few weeks ago with the Arca Rm3Di / IQ 160 / 40mm HR.

Jae_Moon

Re: Baltimore Penn Station

Yes Jae

That is the trouble with many interior objects . You can't get to the point for shooting , you would like to . And then , you always have the feeling , the shot is only a compromise .
A good series of interior shots . :thumbup: I like them .

Thanks, Jürgen. I live about 25 miles from the downtown Baltimore, its nickname is 'Charm City.' Unfortunately, it has seen its heyday and many people's introduction to it were through 'The Wire', a hit HBO series depicting the problems of inner city.

The city has many architectural gems in differing conditions and I have decided to highlight some of its beauties.

Jae Moon