The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Alpa STC, IQ260, SK 35XL, 13s f/11 5mm rear rise, LEE .9 ND + Polarizer

Alpa STC, IQ260, SK 35XL - 6s f11 ISO 50, 8mm rear rise, .9 GND
Hold on there, Graham! You're using the 35XL with a full frame sensor? With shift? Can you do that? :p

Beautiful!

--Matt (who is planning to keep his 35XL in the event of going full-frame)

PS. Very jealous of you folks out in Yosemite. My daughter's Bat Mitzvah was this weekend and the family would have noticed if I'd snuck out with a backpack and tripod.

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Hold on there, Graham! You're using the 35XL with a full frame sensor? With shift? Can you do that? :p

Beautiful!

--Matt (who is planning to keep his 35XL in the event of going full-frame)

PS. Very jealous of you folks out in Yosemite. My daughter's Bat Mitzvah was this weekend and the family would have noticed if I'd snuck out with a backpack and tripod.
Yes Matt, and no smoke erupts from the MFDB or Capture One when processing the LCC either! I do always use the centre filters on both of my wide schneiders (35 & 47) which helps for the vignette. If you take what is sometimes written on the forums about these lenses, and not actually take pictures, you'd be believing that these are coke bottle bottoms on full frame sensors which they assuredly are anything BUT! Every single time I bring up images taken with any of these SK wide tech cam lenses I still find myself shocked by the detail and acuity of the images. Sure, with large shift there's a little softness/smear in the extreme corners but if that's all you're looking at then you're not seeing the picture - you're just pixel peeping!

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on the images. I'm not here with the GetDPI workshop which means that I've been shooting my 4x5 alongside the Alpa this week. I'm shooting just a few images a day and I think it genuinely helps to slow down (plus my shooting style frustrates workshop leaders at the best of times :ROTFL: )

GrahamWelland

graham:
i've been able handle your shooting style…;), can't be that bad
Hee hee - yes, you and my buddy Amr understand. We're normally either just getting in to the groove when everyone else is done or they've sent the hapless dealer tech guy to find us deep in the forest while everyone else is back sitting in the van. :chug:

Ah. So the Alpa is your compact mirrorless for quick snaps? :thumbs:

--Matt
Go large or go home :ROTFL:

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Evening post-Sunset at Sutter Butte, CA from Gray Lodge Wildlife Refuge
(although it sounded like a gunnery range as the hunters finished up at the end of the day!)

Alpa STC, IQ260, 90HRW, 1/8s ISO 50 f/11, 4 deg tilt, 15mm rear rise. .6GND

Last edited:

GrahamWelland

Love this shot Graham and how the water came out so smooth and still so sharp where it matters!
Thank you Yair.

I think that the tonality of MF comes through with this kind of light. I've been shooting 4x5 recently and revisited using my ground glass, loupe and tilt on the Alpa. Mr Scheimflug is definitely your friend with a scene like this that previously I would have focus stacked and probably would still be unprocessed on my hard drive.

yaya

Just getting 'round to work on some of last year's images...sadly I had too much travel with not enough shooting opportunities...this one is from Hong Kong in early December. Credo 60 on Arca-Swiss Rm2D/ 43XL/ f8/ 21s with about 12mm drop

Ed Hurst

Just getting 'round to work on some of last year's images...sadly I had too much travel with not enough shooting opportunities...this one is from Hong Kong in early December. Credo 60 on Arca-Swiss Rm2D/ 43XL/ f8/ 21s with about 12mm drop

No image showing at my end with this message (not sure why)...

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I still see it fine even in Ed's quoted post. It's a slightly foggy Hong Kong at night cityscape.

Ed Hurst

Have tried on a PC in Firefox, on a Mac in Safari and an iPhone and can't see it in any of those. So a browser issue seems unlikely to be the problem.