The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Jag,

I'm crushed :)

I did notice the slight tinge and wondered about the sky grad there but hey, if it looks good in post then that's great too. :thumbup:

The 23HR is definitely a bit of Diva but worth it when it delivers. Since I get no movement with it I leave it on it's own Alpa TC body. I actually don't use the CF filter and have considered it but it costs Cube/D4 money and I don't really have issues with my images fixing without it. One day I'm sure I'll get one.

rga

Westin Beach at the extreme end of a -1.2' tide. Out on the seaweed covered rocks with my snow spikes and thinking all the time of the order I would grab my gear and run when a sneaker wave showed up. Major swells were blowing in about every 5 minutes. Hoping you can feel it all!

Alpa MAX, SK 80mm SB, T/S, hard .6ND and polarizer.
Best,
Bob

Pemihan

Paria Canyon - Vermillion Cliffs Wilderness, Arizona
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus-II 7, SK35XL - Two shots stitched.

thrice

Small world! Below is my attempt from April last year.

6 shot stitch.

It's a great location!

Cheers

TMH

Great shot! And you're right it is a great location, thankfully not too well known to the average punter yet. Still, there was one other guy there who tells me there were 9 other photographers last time he shot there! Probably best to visit on a weeknight.

Cheers,
Dan

satybhat

Some from a recent South island trip.
My first few images in the forum.
ALPA STC, IQ280, 40HR, Cube, RRS 3 series.

Many thanks for looking.

Next, a 100% crop of the above. I was astounded by the clarity here.

Monochrome conversion. (some feedback would be appreciated. my first attempts in Capture 1 ).

jvora

First of all, many congratulations on your new equipment, Saty - Must share that your Posts ( from Jan, I think ) did lead to many answers to for the benefit of all - Thanks to you and all those who participated.

Thanks for sharing very first Tech Shots - Look forward to many more !!

Jai

Many thanks for looking. [/IMG]

malmac

Many thanks for looking.

Next, a 100% crop of the above. I was astounded by the clarity here.

Monochrome conversion. (some feedback would be appreciated. my first attempts in Capture 1 ).

Just my two bobs worth - in the third image I would have at least looked at masking the background trees and pulling back the exposure / or maybe a colour channel or a bit of both to get the foliage darker - that may not be the look you like but I would like to see the white of the water pop more.

Glad to see you have your camera out and taking images.

Mal

satybhat

Too true, Mal.
will try the dodged version again sometime when I get a chance to process.
Meanwhile folks, here's another few.

The first's handheld at ISO 400.

and then a few with the tripod.

THanks for looking.

jagsiva

IQ180|32HR|CF|2-frame flat-stitch, 15mm L/R shift in Landscape|6mm fall|All processing in C1, Stitching in PS CC

This lens just keeps amazing me. the trees may look underexposed, but there is some funky compression going on. There is a lot of detail and tonality in the TIFF file in full-size view.

jagsiva

IQ180|32HR|CF|2-frame flat-stitch, 15mm L/R shift in Landscape|6mm fall|All processing in C1, Stitching in PS CC

jagsiva

torger

The attached image is sort of a test image for Lumariver HDR (I'm one of the developers behind it). Despite some clouds the sun was so strong I could not look into it even when squinting, and when focusing on ground glass one must not forget that the sun is harmful to look at, unlike those modern live views :)

I typically use a grad filter in these situations but I wanted to have the sun centered with the foreground and needed to work fast, shooting two exposures seemed like the safer bet. Otherwise I would have needed a very strong grad as the sun was brighter than it should be when making these types of shots. Looking back I should have shot three here to cover even more DR, but the back holds up quite well.

I then merged the images directly from Leaf .MOS raw into a .DNG, and made raw highlight reconstruction so I would get yellow center of the sun, and did some mild tonemapping with a 0.5 stop grad and 0.4 stop "standard compression". The "cooked" .DNG (merged and tonemapped) from Lumariver HDR was then processed in RawTherapee. Getting sane color in these types of light conditions with snow involved is always a challenge (you always seem to need more than one white balance), but I'm quite pleased with the result. I would have liked a circular sun though, I had no possibility to see that it was cloud in front of it when I made the shot.

Leaf Aptus 75, Linhof Techno, Schneider Digitar 72mm/5.6 shot at f/11 with 2.5 degrees tilt and about 8mm back rise.