The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

Alhambra - Granada.

Tripods not allowed and walking through with a guide with time pressure. Hundreds of tourists just about everywhere and ropes and signs where ever you turn. I nightmare for my normal slow working pace and tripodshooting.

The frustrating thing was that there are countless of stunning images to be had - IF they would have let me in there alone.

From three hours of rushing around I only have three or maybe four images from a place where I could 'see' hundreds....

Oh well, this is one of the very few I was happy with. Handheld, 1/60, f8, iso 100, 7mm rise. And I had about 1/2 a second to expose when nobody was within the comp.

Ben Rubinstein

Alhambra - Granada.

Tripods not allowed and walking through with a guide with time pressure. Hundreds of tourists just about everywhere and ropes and signs where ever you turn. I nightmare for my normal slow working pace and tripodshooting.

The frustrating thing was that there are countless of stunning images to be had - IF they would have let me in there alone.

From three hours of rushing around I only have three or maybe four images from a place where I could 'see' hundreds....

Oh well, this is one of the very few I was happy with. Handheld, 1/60, f8, iso 100, 7mm rise. And I had about 1/2 a second to expose when nobody was within the comp.

Rarely has half a second been better timed or spent. I'd have killed for an image like that when I had all the time in the world!

Shashin

A sample image from a new art series from me. Actually shot with the fat pixel back Aptus II 5 by choice.

Dan, it is funny, I have just been reading about 19th century photography and the Pictorial photographers and composite printing. And now, in the beginning of the 21st century, we have this early technique and aesthetic brought back to life (again). Well done.

danlindberg

Rarely has half a second been better timed or spent. I'd have killed for an image like that when I had all the time in the world!
Thank you very much Ben, fantastic compliment! Truth is, I was frustrated because I saw incredible light and scenes everywhere but had no chance to 'work' in the touristic circumstance. But, this one actually gave me 'some' satisfaction that I could walk away with atleast one good one.

Dan, it is funny, I have just been reading about 19th century photography and the Pictorial photographers and composite printing. And now, in the beginning of the 21st century, we have this early technique and aesthetic brought back to life (again). Well done.
So very true! this kind of aesthetic has been around for a very very long time and far from finding new ways of artistic expressions, but it really appeals to me. Timelessness I believe is a good thing. Thanks!