The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

El Camino del Rey in El Chorro is a remarkable pathway built on the side of a vertical mountain.
El Camino del Rey [High Quality] - YouTube
It is totally forbidden to walk it because it is falling apart and has been for the past decades. Yet, people jump fences and follow traintracks to 'have done it'. There are several falls/deaths every year and I have stood on the edge of it just to feel sick and promise myself never ever even to consider it. However, they have officially started to renovate it and the plan is to make it safe and in certain places have a glasfloor and make it into a tourist attraction.

This image was shot safely on the ground :p using the FPS & MAX in combination. The Schneider 120 N has a large imagecircle that allowed me to first put a 6mm rise and then flatstitch horizontally 12mm left and 12mm right.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
El Camino del Rey in El Chorro is a remarkable pathway built on the side of a vertical mountain.
It is totally forbidden to walk it because it is falling apart and has been for the past decades.
I've watched several videos of folks doing this extreme hike and every time it's sphincter clenching. What's scary is that this from the 1930's for maintenance of the dam but it's never been maintained. Darwinism is strongly at work with the thrill seekers who take that scramble!

Nice image btw. It seems like a location where you really need to keep your wits about you and watch your step.

Btw, it strikes me that if they were really concerned about safety then they could solve it instantly with a few sticks of dynamite.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Puuuuuh

Sorry to say , but I still have weak knees and feel a bit sick after looking at the YOU TUBE video .

Good to know , that this is not a must for photographers .

An interesting image . :thumbup:

torger

Here's an image from two days ago.

Linhof Techno, Leaf Aptus 75 at ISO50 20 seconds, Schneider Digitar 90mm at f/22, 15mm vertical shift. Despite the large vertical shift I had to tilt the camera forward too to get the framing I wanted, and then to hide the distortion and make the off-center trees stand upright the camera actually has a minor amount of roll, enough to control the perspective but not too much to actually make it visible that the camera is not perfectly horizontal.

f/22 and 20 seconds is not an image quality raiser but this composition which lack distant details will enlarge very well despite some diffraction resolution loss, and 20 seconds is not too bad with the Aptus especially in the weather that was a little bit chilly. So I made a one-shot image instead of stacking, I generally prefer one-shot images and rather compromise with resolution unless the composition absolutely requires the highest resolution.

This is actually the second try. An advantage of shooting local is that if you make mistakes you often get a chance to redo it. I could not wait for long though, as it's spring and the water level is rising.

It's shot after sunset. It was a wonderful sunset with some nice red light falling onto the trees, but I had a clear view of how this image should be and it should not be any direct sunlight in it. I think that images can suffer from adding too many beautiful elements to them, I prefer to scale away so you get more focus on what's in the picture.

The shooting location is actually a man-made isthmus, waste bits from the production of an old lumber mill was put on a sandbank in the river, and then a thin layer of soil put on top and trees started growing (planted I guess). Along the edges where the waves roll in there's erosion and you see the underlying pieces of wood sticking out, naked roots and trees that are about fall.

I often search for geometrical elements and like the play between man-made structures and the mix of chaos and order in nature. This image contains all this and I'm very pleased with the result.

Last edited:

Shashin

It is totally forbidden to walk it because it is falling apart and has been for the past decades. Yet, people jump fences and follow traintracks to 'have done it'. There are several falls/deaths every year and I have stood on the edge of it just to feel sick and promise myself never ever even to consider it. However, they have officially started to renovate it and the plan is to make it safe and in certain places have a glasfloor and make it into a tourist attraction.
It is not so bad. With all that water down there, you are bound to have a soft landing...eventually. It is not the fall that kills you. It is the sudden stop at the end.

What I thought was funny is all the holes in the concrete walkway. Everybody is looking down and feeling frightened. But those hole are cause by falling rocks. You really want to be looking up. Still, if they fix that walkway, it would be an awesome hike.

Pemihan

Speaking of Camino and crossing; I just drove El Camino Del Diablo between Ajo and Yuma in southern Arizona.
It's an historic 250 miles trail which runs through some of the most remote and arid terrain of the Sonoran Desert.
Believed to have been in use for at least a 1000 years today it is mostly used by US Border Patrol as most of it runs very close to the border to Mexico which gives some problems with illegal crossing.
Some of the original trail was in Mexico but that part is mostly gone. The portion you can drive in the US is about 120 miles long which took me a total of 11 hours of slow four wheel crawling on sand, rocks, lava and dried up mud flats. Of course stopping to shoot all the time didn't help ;-)
I met a total of one (1) other vehicle besides two (2) US Border Patrols on the entire journey.

As you can see the vultures are ready and just waiting patiently for me to die :)

Ohh and who said you can't shoot wildlife with a tech cam and wide angle.

Cambo WRS, IQ160 and Rodie 40HR.

Last edited:

stngoldberg

Driving around Tiverton Rhode Island this morning with my Arca RM3DI attached to my H5D50 back. Great light and an area that is rich with images. This one with my Rodie 32
Stanley

Last edited:

stngoldberg

A little trespassing in Tiverton, Rhode Island. It was 6:30 AM and I assume the owners were still sleeping
Stanley

Last edited: