The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Triangles ...

One for the 'why do I think that the 40HR-W is a killer lens' set. 1200 pixel resolution doesn't quite cut it. This guy shows everything from chair lifts on the mountain to spiders in the grass.

Trillium Lake / Mt Hood
Alpa STC, IQ260, 40HR-W 1/2s f/8 15mm rear rise, 1.5 degree tilt

Last edited:

yaya

We were driving from Belfast to Dublin last Friday and opted for the scenic route...

(Credo 50 on Rm2d and 50mm HR-W)

danlindberg

Oh Dan,
You are my hero...what a wonderful fine art image
Stanley
Great image Dan . Just great .:thumbs:
Thank you very much guys :)

It has an 8mm rise and is shot wide open but with a five image focus stack. Experimenting with total control of were I want sharpness and were falloff starts. I have 'the same' image but with 6 image focus stack @ f11 and thus producing a sharp image from a metre to infinity with the SK 72 L, but I preferred the posted version!

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Thank you very much guys :)

It has an 8mm rise and is shot wide open but with a five image focus stack. Experimenting with total control of were I want sharpness and were falloff starts. I have 'the same' image but with 6 image focus stack @ f11 and thus producing a sharp image from a metre to infinity with the SK 72 L, but I preferred the posted version!
Dan
Thank you for the datails . Interesting as well is the light situation .
What I wonder about is , there is an extremely bright light but only a very soft shadow from the hand rail .

danlindberg

Dan
Thank you for the datails . Interesting as well is the light situation .
What I wonder about is , there is an extremely bright light but only a very soft shadow from the hand rail .
Correct. What I did is that I actually have blown that reflection in PP to heavily 'mark' the leading line in the image. The original reflection is there but as you sharply could see - is much softer.

Not often I take away information in a file, but here I used my artistic freedom to make it as I wanted ;)

dchew

Hello!
Been busy because I have a show coming up next week; printing my butt off. I came across this one from my recent trip to the Wind Rivers. For me this image feels like Wyoming, even though there are no typical icons in the scene. I think Sir Libby would understand. :)

Sk 150, about a 7mm rise if I remember right.

Dave