The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

danlindberg

I must include a 100% crop to show what a calibrated SK 35 XL can do an a 60mp back!
What's impressive is that it is wide open at f5.6 and 7 metres distance (no sharpening) :eek:
Does not matter if I choose the mast/lines on the left or right or middle, they are all the same...

Don Libby

Second day in the same month for an inversion at the South Rim, Grand Canyon; missed the first but was lucky to be there for the second.

Three file merge, Cambo WRS/IQ180 40HR. 10mm movements left-right and slight movement of the lens. f/8 (as near as I remember) 1/180 ISO 35. This will print at 30x60.

Don

torger

Merry Christmas!

Here's my first image using my new H4D-50 mounted to my Linhof Techno, SK47XL f/11 8mm shift. It's a snapshot outside where I spend my Christmas holliday.

Won't be much shooting as the Silvestri battery I got is dysfunctional, only holds power for 10 minutes or so, need a replacement. The Hasselblad back worked fine in the -20C today though.

As I contribute and use open source raw software as well as produce own commercial software I'll try to figure out the 3FR calibration data format while waiting for the new battery. I've asked Hasselblad for the spec, but camera manufacturers rarely help in making their formats open, so I guess I'm up for yet another reverse-engineering challenge. Today one needs to convert to FFF in Phocus to get good results in the smaller third-party softwares (which usually is dcraw-based), but with calibration data format reverse-engineered using 3FR directly will work.

The attached image was processed in RawTherapee, using Phocus to get FFF files first. Phocus makes great results too of course, they've really managed to maximize what you can get from this 50 megapixel sensor, but I'm loyal to "my" raw converter (and it feels like home) so I'll do my best to make as good results there.

Don Libby

Cool image with the human element! Btw, this image looks almost like a moonlit scene. Was it?
Thanks Graham, I'd like to take credit for this (staying up late, arranging for a full moon, etc) however the result is a result of a mistake during processing; a slip of the finger that when I saw what had happened both the image and I agreed was good. Yes, I often talk to my images listening to them letting me know where they want to go. :)

A couple of images from a county part near San Jose, CA taken in the last couple of days. The break has been a great opportunity to go out and exercise my tech. camera.

Alpa STC, IQ 180, SK 120, 2 panel stitch, about 3 degrees of tilt.

Alpa STC, 32 HR, 2 panel stitch, about 1 degree of tilt.

cunim

Study of a 1934 Lagonda M45
Arca Monolith, Rod 135mm at f8, standards to vertical, forward tilt, 5-stack, 2-stitch

thrice

Bit of a boring shot but really just playing with the new lens.
Alpa STC, P45, Mamiya 110/2.8 at f/2.8 with a couple of degrees of swing. Stitched shot of -18mm, 0 and +18mm rear shift.

Pemihan

Fort Reno, Wyoming - View over the Powder River at the site of the fort.
Cambo WRS-1250, IQ160, HR40.