The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Been a long time since I've posted! I will be shooting twice a week from now on and posting here more often. Doing commercial work has steered me away from personal work, and now I want to come back :)

Here are some pictures I did a while back.

All Alpa MAX
90HR 2x 17mm Tilt Adapters and macro adapter
P65+
Profoto Lighting
Just editing in Capture One

And some I took the other day when I took pictures to sell my car.

Alpa Max Handheld
90HR
34mm Tilt Adapter
P65+
Natural Light
Capture One Editing only

And the annoying, but sometimes very surprising outcome when you shoot two frames faster than your back can refresh.

Some Photos I took for a Hotel in Paris.

Tried to do something a little different with the first one than standard architecture photos.
Alpa Max
32HR at around f9
17mm Tilt Adapter with downward tilt
P65+
Single Exposure, Editing in Capture One only.

Alpa Max
50HR (at around f8)
34mm Tilt Adapter, slight tilt (or is it swing?) left to stay along the furniture.
P65+
Single Exposure, Editing in Capture One Only

beano_z

Tech cam newbie here, on his first "serious" shooting day on a trip to Beijing last week, but unfortunately the weather (pollution) didn't cooperate, this was the one I'm happiest about.

Shot on the ALPA Max with HR32 lens through a 10 stop ND just after sunrise.

cunim

Greasy version of the wine bottle with glasses.
AS Monolith, 150mm Apo Digitar, Pratt and Whitney R985
Lotsa tilt, no stacks, issues with #4 cylinder

Pemihan

Devil's Throat, Nevada.
Cambo WRS, Leaf Aptus-II 7, SK35XL - two shots stitched and cropped.

Last edited:

danlindberg

Not the greatest image I ever posted but you should have seen me getting it!
:toocool:

Seldom do I rush into anything, no, I'm pretty slow and thoughtful about the whole process of capturing images. This image gives me a little smile thinking about it. I saw it from the road, around 100 metres away, uphill. The sun was descending rapidly behind a mountain range and the shadows moving quickly across the fields as the sun became smaller and smaller.
I decided to run for it!! A look in the rear mirror and nobody behind, full breaks and parked as safely as I could. Grabbed the folded tripod and the camera bag. Started to run like I was chased by a predator. Extending the tripodlegs inflight and hearing my breath increasing. Seeing the shadows moving fast I almost realised that this rush is for nothing, but I did continue at full speed ahead.
Reaching the spot where I thought was good I slammed down the tripod, ripped open the camerabag lid and at the same time as grabbing the cam, I pushed the on button. Connected it to the tripodhead, cocked the shutter and pushed the soft release.
I'm not kidding when I say that 1,5 seconds later the scene was gone. By the time the Aptus processed the captured image and put it on the display, the trunk, the stones around it and the whole green field in the foreground was in dull shadow.
I did not level the cam, I had no idea what exposure time, what f stop or where the focus was set! Catching my breath after the rush, I realised I was lucky with the settings, infinity focus, 1/15 and f5.6, and guess what - I have not levelled the image in post, it was deadlevel by luck.
It is perfectly true that if I had time, then I would never compose this image with the lower branches interfering with the distant mountain range, they would be above the ridge with air, but hey, under the circumstances not too shabby....:p

darr

Seldom do I rush into anything, no, I'm pretty slow and thoughtful about the whole process of capturing images.

... Started to run like I was chased by a predator.
LOL! I have on an occassion ran like I was being chased by a gator due to a Kodak moment in the swamp at sunset!! :ROTFL:

LOVELY image!! :clap:

danlindberg

Thanks Darr
:)

Somehow, when an image may not be the greatest it can still give you some satisfaction or atleast put a smile on your face, remembering how it came about!

LOL! I have on an occassion ran like I was being chased by a gator due to a Kodak moment in the swamp at sunset!! :ROTFL:

LOVELY image!! :clap:

stngoldberg

One of the alleys off of Worth Avenue in Palm Beach, Florida. The early morning light was blocked by the buildings, so for the first time, I used a quantum remote flash with my H5D50 back on the Arca rm3di.
Stanley

fmueller

Glad to see you got by with that big pixel back:)

Remembering your post before leaving on your trip, how's that little pixel back doing? Any diagnosis yet?

Colours by big pixel back, straight out of the box! So natural and lifelike without any tweaking at all...

danlindberg

The little pixel back is at the doctors for surgery. A bit unusual that something like that happens two years in its life and working absolutely perfect without any issues at all until now. Only 6000 captures.
However, everyone I have been in contact with have been excellent, serviceminded and helpful, so I'm all smiles and am sure it comes back i perfect shape.
In the meantime I had to dust of the Aptus II 5 and as long as there is light around, it really shines in character.

Glad to see you got by with that big pixel back:)

Remembering your post before leaving on your trip, how's that little pixel back doing? Any diagnosis yet?

Jamgolf

Hi Dan

Your last couple of posts/images are captured with 32mm HR. Is that a new acquisition? Congratulations if it is :)

How do you like it so far ?

Cheers!