The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Dogs857

Finally got my new setup together, then went away for a month on holiday during the wet season. When I got home I found the plants have taken over the yard. Somewhere in there is my dog!!!

| P45+ | Cambo WRS-1250 | SK 24XL | 1sec | ISO50 |

danlindberg

Contemplation.

I'm doing a complete series with this title & style. This is outside my norm and gets me on my toes to deliver. A challange but educating and interesting. All will be shot with Alpa, composing blindly and the choice of backs is the fat pixel Aptus II 5 and on purpose set at top 400iso that gives me a rough raw to start with :)
Looking at 25 portraits in the series.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Contemplation.

I'm doing a complete series with this title & style. This is outside my norm and gets me on my toes to deliver. A challange but educating and interesting. All will be shot with Alpa, composing blindly and the choice of backs is the fat pixel Aptus II 5 and on purpose set at top 400iso that gives me a rough raw to start with :)
Looking at 25 portraits in the series.
Very nice Dan :thumbup:

Are you using PHOTOMORPHIS textures , SNAPSEED , NIK COLLECTION or all together in different steps ?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
I am currently experimenting a bit with textures .
Here is a sample of an image I took last year . Industrial texture from PHOTOMORPHIS .

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
I have just learned how to get decent sharpness in my GetDPI posts, so I can stop complaining about "this looked better on my laptop". (Thank you, Michiel) I posted this earlier in Fun with MF, but it looks better now! (and it's with an IQ140, Cambo WRS AE, SK60XL, 2 shot focus stack).

--Matt

Last edited:

MGrayson

Jürgen,

I think this is a Retina display issue. Following Michiel's advice, to get images that look sharp on my laptop, I upload them to Flickr at 2400 pixels wide, then link to the forum using the BBCode option under photo sharing (the curved arrow icon on the lower right), and paste only the parts between the tags. You can paste all of it, and it will include links back to Flickr.

The image gets resized to 1200 pixels, but all 2400 get used for the laptop display. I usually host on Zenfolio, but haven't figured out how to link to images more than 1100 pixels wide from there.

Best,

Matt

Paratom

May I ask a question:
When I had my Artech and Sinar back I had something like a "filter" made of opal glass for taking wide shading correction to get rid of color cast later.
I now have the Alpa STC with a CF-39 back. Phocus Software can also do the color correction (scene correction) and says to shoot a grey gard under the same light conditions like the original scene. With my 35mm lens this seems impossible, I would need a gigantic grey card. So the opal glass way makes more sense IMO.
Am I on the right track?
What do you use for wide shading/color correction images? Can you recoomed some product? Or do I just go out and buy some opal glass?
Thank you so much!!!

MGrayson

There are translucent pieces of plastic that you can shoot through to do these corrections. You can buy them ready made or make them yourself. I ordered this set of 2: Pocket LCC.

Usually, you just use a slightly longer exposure to get it in the middle of the histogram. Don't change the aperture, or it won't correct well! It's also great for (mostly) removing sensor dust from the image.

--Matt

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jürgen,

I think this is a Retina display issue. Following Michiel's advice, to get images that look sharp on my laptop, I upload them to Flickr at 2400 pixels wide, then link to the forum using the BBCode option under photo sharing (the curved arrow icon on the lower right), and paste only the parts between the tags. You can paste all of it, and it will include links back to Flickr.

The image gets resized to 1200 pixels, but all 2400 get used for the laptop display. I usually host on Zenfolio, but haven't figured out how to link to images more than 1100 pixels wide from there.

Best,

Matt[/QUOTE]

Thank you Matt . Understood .

[QUOTE="Paratom, post: 625340, member: 244"]May I ask a question:
When I had my Artech and Sinar back I had something like a "filter" made of opal glass for taking wide shading correction to get rid of color cast later.
I now have the Alpa STC with a CF-39 back. Phocus Software can also do the color correction (scene correction) and says to shoot a grey gard under the same light conditions like the original scene. With my 35mm lens this seems impossible, I would need a gigantic grey card. So the opal glass way makes more sense IMO.
Am I on the right track?
What do you use for wide shading/color correction images? Can you recoomed some product? Or do I just go out and buy some opal glass?
Thank you so much!!![/QUOTE]

Paratom

LCC correction is one of the most discussed topics and there are many threads you can find dealing with LCC and filters etc. In some of them , I posted too . To discuss LCC in this thread would be very much off topic .
Therefore , I suggest , that you do some reading , refresh a thread or open a new one . I will then chime in and show you my solutions . Others will show you their solutions , I am sure . All you need is some patience .
You can also PM me if you want .

danlindberg

Very nice Dan :thumbup:

Are you using PHOTOMORPHIS textures , SNAPSEED , NIK COLLECTION or all together in different steps ?
No, none of the above. I have worked with plenty of layers and found a process where I like the result. And, I can produce a full series with the same feel. Having said that, this is definitely not what I usually do and I must admit that it is outside my comfort zone, however, it is for a specific project and for that reason I'm all go!

Here's another sample, but I will not show more until the project is completed!