The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

Dogs857

Hill View

SK 43XL | ISO 50 | 1/15 | 5mm Fall | Single Shot Cropped |

Looking back towards Australia from Thursday Island

Shashin

Don, unless this is a night shot, something is up--I assume your copyright is white and clouds usually drift in long exposures. For me, your image looks dark--I profile my monitor. What ICC profile do you have attached to your image?

Don Libby

Will, daylight shot and my copyright is white. I'm on the road right now and have to content with a wonky laptop.

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
I've been telling Don for years to move to Mac and invest in a good profiling puck :ROTFL:

Seriously though, you may want to dial your monitor brightness back about 1/3 of the way down or so, it may help some for now...

Don Libby

Kinda like the mood of the shot...

Did a little work on it before heading out the door (in Tahoe w/Ken Doo) this time using C1 with layers and opening the shadows a bit.

malmac

Hill View

SK 43XL | ISO 50 | 1/15 | 5mm Fall | Single Shot Cropped |

Looking back towards Australia from Thursday Island
Brings back memories - TI State School was the first school I attended as a child in the early 1960's - it was different back then, my Dad was Harbour Master and I was bare footed urchin roaming the island, playing in the old hill top forts and sailing our tin canoes off the beach.

And I guess the wind still blows a gale more often than not.

Mal

Dogs857

You might know this spot well then Mal, small world :)

This is from Millman Hill. Horn Island is the one in the foreground to the left and this is looking south down the channel to Bamaga.

I reckon this place may have changed a bit since you were here, the fort is still there though and one of my favourite places to go and sit at when I need to think.

That is when the wind doesn't try and blow me off :D

Don Libby

Ken and I are in South Lake Tahoe scouting out locations for our April non-workshop workshop. Caught this image this morning, Cambo WRS, IQ180 and 40 mm with 5mm shift. f/11 15-seconds and a 10-stop filter.

danlindberg

The images I post now seems badly compressed. Maybe I should pick up a few hints from someone in the know as how to maintain (atleast some of) the technical excellence from the originals.
When I save for web at 1000px wide (ps cc) it shows fine on my monitor.

Then I upload that image to photobucket.com and then link it in the post here on getdpi. Somewhere in that process the image looses a lot of its glory.....where am I going wrong?