The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

rga

Spent the last two days in LA getting my trailer worked on. Unfortunately had to leave, but the wildflowers are really starting to bust out.

Antelope Poppy Reserve near Palmdale:
Alpa Max, Alpa SK 150 APO sb34, IQ160

Vasquez Rocks Park:
Alpa Max, Alpa SK 80 APO Digitar sb34

thrice

how did you mount the mamiya 110 on to STC? what shutter did you use?
I removed the lens cells from the Mamiya lens, mounted them in a Seiko #1 mechanical shutter (a unique sized shutter with front/rear threads of 42mm). Modified a helical and 3D printed a mount for it. Very sharp!

Paul2660

This is from 2013, we had much better fall color on Mt. Magazine. This is looking due south from near the summit.
Arca rm3di, 28mm HR, 2 part nodal pan.

Paul

rga

Very nice Graham! Which IQ was that? I'm hoping the 160, but I have the feeling you meant the 250...
Thanks,
Bob

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
New IQ150 although I don' t think that the back really mattered. I would have expected the same image with the 260 actually. :thumbs:

If there was any difference it was that the live view made dialing in the tilt with the 150 SK easier but I'd have probably got there with 2-3 iterations of shoot/review. That said, it was MUCH easier being able to see things in low light in real time vs fuzzy view with the IQ260. I do miss the extra resolution though - it's subtle but different.

rga

Well I'll be! I had not heard of this. Dante has been busy...
Thanks Graham,
Bob

New IQ150 although I don' t think that the back really mattered. I would have expected the same image with the 260 actually. :thumbs:

If there was any difference it was that the live view made dialing in the tilt with the 150 SK easier but I'd have probably got there with 2-3 iterations of shoot/review. That said, it was MUCH easier being able to see things in low light in real time vs fuzzy view with the IQ260. I do miss the extra resolution though - it's subtle but different.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Dante would be quite surprised, I hope, to learn that in 700 years he would be credited with the purchase of astonishingly magical equipment. Not as strange as "Pea Soup Euclid" I saw on the specials board of a cafe in Berkeley, but still. ;)

Oh, beautiful shot, Graham. Your work consistently says "Look what's out there! Get your stuff outside and use it!"

--Matt

Pemihan

Grand Staircase Escalante NM with Navajo Mountain in the background.
Cambo WRS-1250, IQ160, SK120 Asph. - Two shot stitch.

beano_z

Shenzhen Bay bridge in Shenzhen Shekou area, China with Hong Kong just across the water.

Shot on the ALPA Max with Rodenstock 32 on the P45+ through a NISI 10 stop ND.

Paul2660

Fall on Richland Creek from 2014. Would have preferred a bit more water, but the colors were peak.

Taken with a IQ260, Rodenstock 28mm, in 3 vertical stitches. I cropped out the edges on both due to the vignetting caused by Rodenstock's internal IC marker, but still ended up with around 6mm of usable shifting.

Paul

Nutcracker

Solar Eclipse Sky Dublin Bay
Alpa STC IQ180 SK90 15mm back fall
Very dull day thick cloud layer obscured sky over much of Ireland and Britain, disappointing very many eclipse watchers. But, just in case i planned where the sun would be, chose lens and tripod position on beach near my house looking toward Howth head (locals call the peaks "mountains"). Maximum eclipse time passed, just getting colder and gloomier, when I saw slight hints of blue sky to the east. Took a few test shots to the west to get reasonable exposure, then very briefly the cloud thinned just enough to glimpse the solar disc obscured by the moon. Challenging to secure a reasonable exposure balance, hole in cloud so bright against thick dark surrounds. tried BW conversion, of which I have little experience. C1 8