The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

gerald.d

Cameras don't get much more technical than the CAPcam :D (see this thread for background).

A couple of watch shots...

Schneider 5.6/120; IQ180

Kind regards,

Gerald.

thrice

3 image horizontal stitch, -18mm,0,+18mm
Alpa STC
Mamiya 110/2.8
Phase one P45
One patient girlfriend.

At an optimum aperture (for sharpness) for the SK 120 around f/11, the depth of field is too narrow to have everything including the grasses on the very bottom and the trees at infinity in complete focus.

I might have gotten what I wanted with tilt, not sure why didn't bother with this image. The number of frames I grabbed for the focus stack was overkill but I've been in situations before where I didn't get enough frames, so figured more data was better than less :)

Just curious, what is the reason behind using focus stacking for this shot since it is not a macro shot? Just trying to learn:)

Andrew

I'm curious too, about the magenta hue in the upper 2/3 of the image. Was this really something about the light?

Kirk
Not the light (it was a partially cloudy morning), but the branches of the trees in the background. The meadow I was in (foreground) was mainly lichens and mosses growing on one particular species of tree. The farther back you go, the tree species changes, there are lichens or mosses and in the spring just before flowering the branches turn red/magenta.