The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

cunim

Continuing my study of pen photography. Tricky little rascals.
120mm apo digitar on Monolith/IQ180, parallel displacement, some tilt, stack.

cunim

Shaman's new harpoon
Another in the pen series. This one is very ...... black. No urushi depth, no color variation. Just black. Interesting.
Rodie apo macro sironar digital 120mm@f8. Some movements and stack of 9.

Last edited:

danlindberg

Thank you :)

I actually started with adjusting the sign itself (it was tilting a little), using the Alpa round bubble on top and a Gerber multitool that is always in the bag!

I rarely use any kind of viewfinder, I'm so used to visualize the composition without and/or over/around the camera that it really is second nature by now. In this case, I simply took a measurment from top of sign to floor and put the cam with that height - with the idea of introducing downfall to coincide with horizon. Levelled with the Linhof 3D and exposed.
At review I concluded that I needed a downfall of around 2-3 mm and use one longer shuttertime, but that was it - second exposure was perfect :D

Pemihan

Ancient petroglyph site overlooking the Gila River flood plain in southern Arizona.
Cambo WRS-1250, IQ160, 40HR.

jagsiva

90HRSW/IQ180

120ASPH/IQ180

Sorry, forgot to turn on dust correction in LCC. Also, images where loosing detail when I uploaded directly, so linked from elsewhere, but the files are larger.

Pemihan

Ancient stone circle in an isolated area near the Gila River, Arizona, 2015.
Strewn throughout the area are rock alignments, cleared areas, intaglios, petroglyphs, and aboriginal foot trails. The prehistoric cultures which are believed to have utilized this archaeological district between 10,000 BCE and 1450 CE include the Desert Archaic, Patayan, and Hohokam cultures.

Cambo WRS-1250, IQ160, 40HR.