The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

viablex1

Who says you can't shoot wildlife with at tech cam and with a wide angle to boot!

Western Diamondback Rattlesnake in the Sonoran Desert.
Cambo WRS-1250, IQ160, HR40.

Crop:

beautiful, I don't suppose he would agree to move that little twig just a wee bit out of the way? LOL:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:

Pemihan

beautiful, I don't suppose he would agree to move that little twig just a wee bit out of the way? LOL:ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL::ROTFL:
Well I tried all kind of Jedi tricks to get those twigs out of the way but it really didn't work - gotta practice some more I guess... :scry:

Pemihan

That with a 40HR! That is not retry brave
I was well out of striking distance so no danger at all. Contrary to what many people believe rattlesnakes are actually quite peaceful as long as you hold your distance. You are not prey so they just want to get away from you and be left alone.
This one was on the outer edge of the rock, I didn't see it and almost stepped on it. It gave me fair warning, hissed and rattled and moved away from me while I jumped in the other direction.

BTW the bottom image is a crop of the other image in case you missed it :)

Last edited:

cunim

Continuing with pen experiments. Photographing urushi, which is essentially many layers of an exotic shellac over brushed-on color.
Apo Digitar 70mm @ f11, IQ180

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
I got the same issues as Guy with spellcheck. I meant to say "pretty"!
GetDPI rule number 1 . Spell check don't freaking work. Rule number 2 if Guy can screw up the English language than its perfectly fine for everyone else. Rule number 3 read accordingly and make adjustments. LOL

Steven is correct in New Jersey English is a second language.

jagsiva

This one with 120ASPH/IQ180. Also tried processing a RAW stitch in LR CC. Pretty cool to even out exposure and white balance across shots, but not viable for lenses that need LCC.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Nice job with the careful framing and separation of the trees against El Capitan! :thumbs:

LR and tech images ... just say no. C1 rules when it comes to LCC correction and the LR equivalent isn't a patch on C1, at least when I tried it last. That said, I haven't tried LR 6 and Eric Chan's new tools though.

jagsiva

Nice job with the careful framing and separation of the trees against El Capitan! :thumbs:
Thanks Graham, but you give me too much credit. It was one of the few spots in the water I could lodge the tripod legs into without the heard of people behind me pushing me in :)

BTW, On LR CC, the ability to stitch RAW files make balancing exposure and color temp a little simpler. I just gave it a shot since it is part of my subscription already, but no intention of moving from C1 anytime.

GrahamWelland

Hee hee - the realities of life. I know that I would have worked that shot to try and keep all the trees within the frame of El Cap. If you'd just stood in the water a bit further to the right and used an 8ft tripod you could have included that lone straggler on the right inside and had some more room around the tips and top of El Cap ... :ROTFL:

yes, yes, I know ... back in the real world we do what we can :D

(btw I shall shamelessly use that location next time I'm there - nice angle and framing)

danlindberg

Printing right now on the iPF8400...cannot remember if I have posted it before, sorry if I have....

Edit: still simply cannot get a goodlooking low res image to publish, this looks very compressed and bad on my monitor, while the original is incredibly sharp with a myriad of details.....

Don Libby

Shot near Luning NV ISO 200 f/5.6 1/30 10mm movements left to right a a small about of lens shift. 11:50 a.m. and it was already hot inside, dark with plenty of light streaming through the windows to the point of nearly blowing them out.

I believe I could not have capture in feelings of the place were it not for the Credo 50 WS and the 590nm filter. Just hated the snakes. Don

GrahamWelland

I believe I could not have capture in feelings of the place were it not for the Credo 50 WS and the 590nm filter. Just hated the snakes. Don
Here's a prediction: Don will now be looking down the back of the Sofa, underneath the truck seat, raiding the piggy bank and putting his army of Jerome minions out to work to raise the funds for his new MF nemesis the Credo WS ;)

(Btw it's why I try not to trial any of the goodies CI bring to events because I always end up buying them at some point later!!!)