The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
This scene called for a 3:1 and done by three image nodal stitch. Lowcontrast in overcast light but still the fall colours were screaming and are actually dialed down a tad....:rolleyes:

Dan,

Was this with the Canon mount Schneider PC 90 TS or larger format? Full sensor coverage?

awolf

Just lovely. I am curious, why exposure blends; what is different from a single exposure with suitable PP?
Thanks.
Couldn’t really get the right sky, mountain visibility, and the right water action all in one shot. The weather was pretty rough and there was very little time between the rain stopping and the tide exposing the rocks completely.

tsjanik

awolf

gerald.d

My last ever image taken with my IQ180. Been a fun few years with this back!

Sorry about the weird jpeg compression. Not sure what's happened there.

FPS, 17TSE

Kind regards,

Gerald.

danlindberg

Dan,

Was this with the Canon mount Schneider PC 90 TS or larger format? Full sensor coverage?
Sorry, missed this one...

I've got the Nikon adaptor for the FPS and I suppose I should have gone the EOS route since the size of the throat is larger with Canon. I get vignetting rather quickly but resolutionwise it is solid up to 8mm shift. I cannot remember when it starts to break with too much shift, I think I have to take a new series of images to confirm how far I can push it. I have a mental note to stop at 8mm :cool:

It's nice and quick to combine a small amount of shift and simultanous tilt. The lens is big but weighs less than it looks so it is a good 'hiking' lens.
I don't know if the 28 ever was released or not, but that would be a brilliant combo, 28 & 90 with the FPS and call it a day.

torger

I quite rarely use swing, but it happens from time to time. Here's one:

fabod.jpg

Linhof Techno, H4D-50, SK 72mm Digitar at f/16, some vertical shift and swing. The right side is a bit closer than the left so swing helped me get better sharpness in the close parts of the wall without really sacrificing anything on the left side.

The subject is like it's often for me "nothing in particular", I just liked the way geometry lined up, how the light falls in, the different colored segments, and the birch bark.

gerald.d

Richard Mille RM011-FM

CapCAM, IQ3 80, Schneider 120

25 image focus stack.

I think this is an interesting demonstration of how the CapCAM can help deliver a shot that would be extremely difficult to do with any other set-up. Because the focal plane is set parallel to the watch face, and then the focus stack runs perpendicular to that, you get a very different outcome compared to how it would look were you to simply focus stack with no tilt/swing applied. I'm not even sure how you could achieve this look with any other camera. That's the full uncropped frame from the IQ3 80.

Kind regards,

Gerald.

Pemihan

The confluence of the Paria and Colorado Rivers at Lees Ferry & Marble Canyon - the beginning of the Grand Canyon, Arizona, 2015.
Cambo WRS-1250, IQ160, SK120 Aspheric.