The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I admit that despite my romantic association to the fat pixel Aptus & P25+, I'm not giving up my IQ150 anytime soon. Simply put, live view and incredibly flexible ISO/DR win out for me albeit at the expense of certain technical lenses and the crop. Sometimes the crop is beneficial (image circle and best portion of the lens) but other times the need for perfect super wide lenses is a pain.

M

mjr

Morning

I loved my P25+, recently reprocessed some shots from a couple of years ago in C1-9 and they are just beautiful! I've just picked up a IQ260 and Cambo setup for an industrial contract and with the Rodenstock lenses it too is pretty amazing, definitely going to do the job, it's even useable without live view and a ccd sensor!!

This is a very rough test shot as I'm learning how everything works, not had any corrections, apart from white balance but so impressed with the 32mm shifted, I was playing with shift and checking for light fall off rather than positioning the camera correctly as you can probably tell! It's exactly the right tool for the job though, a bit more playing around and I'll be ready for some proper work.

I took it out yesterday for some landscape shots too just to get used to the sensor, again not a proper shot but a lovely halo around the sun.

daf

Morning

[/url]
Great shot!
The reason why most architecture photogapher did loved the digitar 35xl was because it was almost distorsion free ...
In C1, you should have a look at "Lens correction box", i remenber someone said that they put the 32hr distorsion correction, it works with shift ... and should correct the distorsion on the right of your image.

M

mjr

Yup, the corrections work really well, this is just a non important shot due to the cable plugged in on the left, the rest of the shots I took have gone to the client so I can't post here but you are right, it is actually very easy to correct the file, I just haven't bothered!

Cheers

Mat

danlindberg

As mentioned, interiors are challanging with Aptus and 28XL + CF. But before I had the Credo I had no alternative and did plenty of interior assignments with that back.

daf

As mentioned, interiors are challanging with Aptus and 28XL + CF. But before I had the Credo I had no alternative and did plenty of interior assignments with that back.
I did probably between 30 and 40 interior shooting with the aptus 22 and most of the times i was fighting with the 6 iso (25iso -2 stop for center filter) and low ambiant light.
I mainly shoot architecture with people, and so i let you imagine how tricky that was ;)
But all in all, i've done some of my best interior shot with the Aptus ... And i think my most published picture is also one done with it.

M

mjr

Here are another couple of random test shots..

I have a great project to document an old house that is absolutely full of stuff a 95 year old guy has spent his whole life collecting, fascinating place! This with the 90mm, full swing.

And this from a quick walk about this morning with the 50mm, this is one seriously sharp lens!

daf

SO you went all rodies 32 50 90 ?

Here are another couple of random test shots..

I have a great project to document an old house that is absolutely full of stuff a 95 year old guy has spent his whole life collecting, fascinating place! This with the 90mm, full swing.

And this from a quick walk about this morning with the 50mm, this is one seriously sharp lens!

M

mjr

Yes, that's right, just good luck that I found the right kit. I have a commercial project running over the next 6 months or so, this kit is ideal for everything I have to shoot.

Mat

daf

Yes, that's right, just good luck that I found the right kit. I have a commercial project running over the next 6 months or so, this kit is idea for everything I have to shoot.

Mat
That's for sure an ideal set of lenses, i'm sure you'll be happy with it ;)

jlm

Workshop Member
shot with a 205tcc, 16mpx sq back, from a few years ago.
wonder if now that the gallery previews are showing square we will see a resurgence?

another one, thought this was with the role 6008 and phase sq back, not so sure now

another

MrSmith

Nice image!. Does the roaster work well?
well professional roasters are using it for evaluation especially if they travel to source green beans from co-operatives or estates in out of the way places. it’s fully programmable so lots of control. not used it myself but it fared very well in the magazine review that goes with the image, but then so did the popcorn maker from eBay!

jlm

Workshop Member
alcatraz in the late afternoon
dining hall:

library

cell block D: upstairs probably had a nice view of san francisco

examining room in the hospital, next door to the Birdman's cell: (very dark, this was a 20 second exposure

Last edited:
M

mjr

Morning!

Despite it being -25 here this morning, there is increasing strength in the sun and days are getting longer, I can almost feel Spring on its way!

Pelorus

One for jlm and Michiel. One of the two ferries - SPOT I or SPOT II parted her lines here a few weeks ago and damaged both the ship and the loading gantry. You wouldn't believe it on a day like this.

Port Melbourne-27.jpg

Alpa 12 STC SK48