The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Dreadful weather here yesterday, lots of snow falling and bland grey sky but I took a trip over to a local place that has cool tree houses, no keepers due to the weather but still quite like this shot just because I was standing waist deep in snow way below the building, 15mm of rear fall and not a bad result for that, I really enjoy this camera.

Last edited by a moderator:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I WANT one. Looks like my aspirational house that I see in Dwell magazine each month :D

Afternoon!

Dreadful weather here yesterday, lots of snow falling and bland grey sky but I took a trip over to a local place that has cool tree houses, no keepers due to the weather but still quite like this shot just because I was standing waist deep in snow way below the building, 15mm of rear fall and not a bad result for that, I really enjoy this camera.

M

mjr

It's a pretty cool place Graham, they have lots of really interesting tree houses, here's another dreadful picture but interesting building, a mirrored tree house, they are all lovely inside too, quite a famous place in Sweden, always fully booked.

jlm

Workshop Member
navy yard 1; 32mm rode, cfv50-c

- - - Updated - - -

two shot pano/stitch, 32mm

another part of the navy yard, 32mm, lot of shift, (no LCC used!)

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Just had a great week in Lofoten, stunning place! Here's a quick shot from the first evening, might be a bit crap as only processed on an old laptop but I like it anyway.

Mat

Pelorus

^^

I can't even remember when I last heard about Lofoten. Then a few days ago a local photographer in Melbourne emailed some beautiful shots he'd taken there in the last couple of weeks, and now this from you Mat. What's happening? :cool:

M

mjr

Ha, it's becoming the centre of the world! It's a pretty stunning place, well worth a visit but a bit of a trek from Oz!

Here's another roughly processed shot, will get round to doing them properly now I'm home, hopefully get rid of some of the footprints!

Mat

M

mjr

Morning!

I apologise in advance for boring folks with shots from the last week, some great bad weather! This isn't a great shot due to sleet coming straight at the camera but it has its charms, some slight halo effects as well with this upload that aren't in the original but you'll get the idea!

M

mjr

And another, need to learn to deal with the flare with the 32mm although having the sun like this would probably have been an issue for other lenses too.

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Anyone mind another?!
Mat,

I was in Iceland last summer and despaired of capturing the gorgeous and contrasting light - heavy local overcast and drizzle mixed with distant mountain snow fields lit by shafts of sunlight. It was achingly beautiful and, despite the famous DR of my A7II and wonderful Contax glass, I couldn't reproduce it to save my life.

You, on the other hand, produce daily images of exactly that impossible lighting. Keep posting!

Best,

Matt

M

mjr

Morning!

Anyone bored of these yet?! Here's another from the coast of Lofoten.

0beone

Thanks Matt for the outstanding images.
I am quite partial to rocks myself... Hope this image posts up ok
Cheers
Frank

Castle-Rocks.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Oops... not sure what went wrong here, its turned green... but I will keep trying.