The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

dchew

The last night we were out shooting in Iceland; near Vic.

sk150, Alpa STC, IQ180

Last edited:

pesto

Trying to develop a "look" for these classic car pics. Hmmm. Not there yet. Interesting is a major difference in saturation between the sRGB image as displayed by Lightroom and by Explorer (more saturated). Tiff file is the same in both environments. Wonder why.

OK, I'll bite...what marque is it? From the evidence that it is a six,, twin SU's. and the distributor at the bottom of the crank case where it can flood after every puddle, my guess is Jaguar.
Very nicely done by the way.

M

mjr

Douglas, what are you saying!! It has Lagonda on the rocker cover, owned by Aston Martin, a proper classic! Or I should say owned by Aston after the mid 40's I believe, this is probably pre Aston.

Mat

pesto

Douglas, what are you saying!! It has Lagonda on the rocker cover, owned by Aston Martin, a proper classic! Or I should say owned by Aston after the mid 40's I believe, this is probably pre Aston.

Mat
How emberassing... ' not certin how I missed that one. It is especially bad given that I have an Aston Vanquish on order that is scheduled to commence building Monday next...:facesmack:

M

mjr

You are forgiven Douglas, good news on the Aston, you will love it! I was very very close to buying a V12 Vantage a couple of years back, went for a 911 Turbo instead, stupid decision! Enjoy!

Mat

cunim

Yes, a proper car from a time when they looked more like bedroom dressers than baked potatoes. It is Aston Martin Lagonda (AML) now, but in 1934 Aston made small cars while Lagonda made big thumpers for the wealthy. This Meadows 4.5L engine was used by Invicta and some others as well. The electricals located at the bottom are definitely a pucker factor because the SUs have an unfortunate habit of spitting gas out of the air intakes.

Enjoy the Vanquish. One of my upcoming projects is some pictures of the older series.

M

mjr

Afternoon.

I don't often get chance to shoot the tech cam just for fun, took it out on the dog walk this morning and just used it as a point and shoot with the 32mm. The pup is never still long enough to get a decent shot!

M

mjr

Morning

A couple of quick and dirty handheld black and whites from wandering about yesterday.

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Fresh from PP. A focus stack of 6 images. 1.5 second exposure, f8, iso 50 with Heliopan 6 stop ND.

Damn you Dan, yet again you have me in awe/respect of your ability to create such simple clear beautiful compositions. Superb.

On the flip side, thank you for reminding me about how I really need to up my game!

:thumbs:

(Btw surprised that you needed to stack the 32hr images, that said I'm sure that the final result was awesome at 100%)