The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

thrice

A cold and windy morning at Nigretta Falls. Sadly in very low flow due to the dry Autumn we have been having.
Alpa STC, 35XL, CPL, 3 image stitch.

danlindberg

Dan,

For learning purposes in my workflow; did you need to focus stack this image, or could you have stopped down as well? I do not as yet have a lot of experience with stacking. Which program do you use, and are the large files difficult to merge?
Thanks,

John
Sorry, missed this one...

Well, I do not focus stack often, but this time it helped because my low camera position. I avoid going past f8,5 with the Rodie, that's the point where it is still stellar but at f11 I can without a doubt see softness creeping in.
It is a typical hyperfocal image but I increased the closer part of the image to be sharper by going backwards, checking the dof scale for each 'stack image'. And staying well inside the dof scale, because PS often mess up the blending, so better to have more images close in focuspoint. If I was to maximize dof I probably would have needed another 10 images, but I thought this was enough with an extra 5 images.

So, I do use this technique sometimes, but quite far inbetween. A couple of degrees forward tilt is often easier and quicker. (however that is scene dependent).

- - - Updated - - -

Yesterday I had a workshop with photoenthusiasts. Great people and we had a fun day out! A few stops along the way, but mainly the idea was to shoot the oldest town in Spain - Ronda. A truly spectacular place with loads of image opportunities, both from a far and in the citycentre. Lots of walking steep hills and thousands of stairs, my legs are…..well…aching.

This one was shot with the Alpa FPS, Helvetar 75 and Credo 60. A two image nodal stitch. Iso 50, 1/125, f8,5.

Pelorus

The "coolest little capital" as they like to style themselves

Wellington-L_000897_Wellington-L_000898.jpg

Alpa STC, SK48 Apo Helvetar, Leaf Aptus-II 7, two image stitch.

M

mjr

Morning!

I returned to the same place I photographed a few posts above yesterday with a friend, I wander about with the dog for miles and often spot little scenes and think they'd be much better with someone in the shot! Anyway, I think this is enhanced with the addition of a figure to give some scale, nice deep shadows and strong sunlight. Just messing around really but I like the contrast to the commercial work I produce on a daily basis which is much more controlled, feels good to just experiment with personal stuff.

M

mjr

Afternoon!

Here's another shot from the weekend, colour this time, a few layered shots in this one, not sure it's quite as successful as the black and white but I quite like it.

M

mjr

Evening!

Here's a quick shot from this mornings dog walk, fighting off killer mosquitos at the time! Apologies if the colours look a bit mad, I'm on a crappy laptop with uncalibrated screen, it was extremely green though!

RyanNi

State Library of Victoria(Alpa 12max Hr23 100MP)

- - - Updated - - -

Flinders Street railway station(Alpa 12Max Hr40mm 100MP)

- - - Updated - - -

The Scots' Church(Alpa 12Max Hr32mm 100MP)

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -