The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

stngoldberg

Side of Redwood Library in Newport...Oldest private lending library in the US....built in 1750
3 image stitch with the Schneider 60 on the Arca rm3di with the H5D50

Last edited:

torger

Out training my tolerance of mosquitoes for the summer season. Here's a shot from a local forest after the rain. Wet conditions is one of my favorites as it deepens the colors.

It took quite long time for me to make this image, as it was tough deciding the framing. I don't have any specific rules for framing, I point the camera "until it feels right", but for some subjects like this one where chaos is a pretty strong element it's more difficult and I really need to focus my senses and let my intuition drag me into the composition like a magnet. I also think it's a bit more difficult when the native format (4:3) doesn't feel right for the subject, as I then need to think about format too. This was cropped to 5:4.

Linhof Techno, Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar 90/4.5 N, f/16 with about 10mm back rise. It may look like I should have used swing, but as the standing tree to the right is a bit close and I didn't want that to be too much out of focus, the best comprise was had with plain focusing.

Processed in RawTherapee using color profile made with DCamProf. Oh, almost forgot, the digital back is a Hasselblad H4D-50.

forest.jpg

torger

Due to the immense popularity of my fallen trees, here's another shot :p

Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar 72/5.6 L, at f/16 some rise. Linhof Techno, Hasselblad H4D-50 back. Processed in RawTherapee, color profile by DCamProf.

It's shot in Vietas in northern Sweden, a high altitude pine forest. As the forest is not touched by man all dead wood is left, and in the dry conditions it decays very slowly leaving a large amount.

fallen-trees.jpg

Last edited:

dchew

It's shot in Vietas in northern Sweden, a high altitude pine forest. As the forest is not touched by man all dead wood is left, and in the dry conditions it decays very slowly leaving a large amount.
Well, if it was dry perhaps the mosquitos were less of a distraction? And I like the trees; keep them coming!

Dave

torger

Well, if it was dry perhaps the mosquitos were less of a distraction? And I like the trees; keep them coming!
Yes, actually it was ~0 mosquitos, which is very unusual this time of year, even there. This weekend was midsummer's eve which is a big thing here in Sweden, so I fled to the mountains :). I thought it would be packed at the hotel but actually we were the only guests. They had a midsummer's special last year, but then it was snowing so it was a disaster, so they had a bit lower profile this year, and then the weather was fantastic. Well, much too good for photography actually with sunny clear skies.

I had to stay up at night (there's light 24 hours a day this time of year, above the polar circle) to get some shootable light. There was quite some wind too, so anything with leaves on it was difficult to shoot with the multi-second shutter speeds.

Although overcast is my preferred state, I don't always avoid the sun. Below is another one from the same forest. I was mighty surprised to find a football in there. A few kilometers into the forest, no trail nearby. Fortunately this was the only trash I found. Shot with the SK35XL, which is my widest lens.

fotball.jpg

MGrayson

Subscriber and Workshop Member
Although overcast is my preferred state, I don't always avoid the sun. Below is another one from the same forest. I was mighty surprised to find a football in there. A few kilometers into the forest, no trail nearby. Fortunately this was the only trash I found. Shot with the SK35XL, which is my widest lens.
View attachment 119451
I find this light very appealing. It makes me want to take a walk there. And the football is an endearing mystery.
:thumbup:,
Matt

torger

I've become a poster boy for Linhof ;) , here's a few images from my "Geometric Chaos" project (a work in progress):

http://linhof.com/en/portfolio/anders-torger-geometric-chaos/

All shot on the Linhof Techno and Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar lenses, with the digital backs Leaf Aptus 75 and later/current Hasselblad H4D-50. I've used custom DCamProf color profiles for both backs to equalize the color which makes it easier to maintain a consistent look despite different backs.

KeithL

I've become a poster boy for Linhof ;) , here's a few images from my "Geometric Chaos" project (a work in progress):

http://linhof.com/en/portfolio/anders-torger-geometric-chaos/

All shot on the Linhof Techno and Schneider-Kreuznach Apo-Digitar lenses, with the digital backs Leaf Aptus 75 and later/current Hasselblad H4D-50. I've used custom DCamProf color profiles for both backs to equalize the color which makes it easier to maintain a consistent look despite different backs.
Anders, very nice indeed.

Keith