The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

beano_z

Another cityscape shoot from Shanghai, this time it is the Nanpu Bridge crossing over the Huangpu river. To elevate it to the required height using limited space, they ended up creating this spiral ramp (not unlike the Rainbow bridge in Tokyo) which makes for some nice light trail effects, too bad about the raindrops on my lens, which I didn't notice during the shoot :banged:

Nanpu Bridge 05 - 15-Jul-2016 by BB, on Flickr

cunim

I continue to try imaging pretty mundane subjects - a pen in this case. The instrument in back is an attitude gyro from an old aircraft panel, and this pen has an aviation tech feature.

IQ180, Rodie 135, tilted and stacked.

Attachments

stngoldberg

interior view of the Touro Synagogue
Touro Synagogue, dedicated in 1763, is the oldest synagogue building in the United States. A structure of exquisite beauty and design, steeped in history and ideals, the synagogue is considered one of the ten most architecturally distinguished buildings of 18th century America and the most historically significant Jewish building in the United States. The congregation was founded in 1658 by the descendants of Jewish families who fled the Inquisitions in Spain and Portugal and who themselves left the Caribbean seeking the greater religious tolerance that Rhode Island offered. In his famous letter to the "Hebrew congregation at Newport," written in 1790, President George Washington pledged that our new nation would give "to bigotry no sanction and to persecution no assistance." Touro Synagogue stands as a symbol of religious freedom for all Americans. It was designated a National Historic Site in 1946. The Ambassador John L. Loeb Jr. Visitors Center opened in 2009 with exhibits to further explore the history of Newport's early Jewish community and the origins of First Amendment rights. Each year, over 30,000 visitors cross the synagogue threshold to pray, to see its magnificent interior and to hear its remarkable story.

Taken yesterday with Arca Swiss Rm3di and h5D50 back with Rodenstork 32mm lens and an ISO of 50 f11 at 1/2 sec from behind where the Rabbi conducts the service Nine image stitch
Stanley

Last edited:

dchew

We've had a very dry summer this year. the reservoir behind my house, which has been a frequent, patient subject of mine is almost completely drained. This year some kind of daisy has bloomed on a wide area that is normally under water.

90hrsw, IQ3100, Alpa STC, no movements

Same equipment, 2-image stitch 18mm each way. Gotta still work on this; looks a bit too HDR-ish...

thrice

Finally an edit of this image I am happy with. I took 5 frames to stitch for this pano (of increasing exposure due to failing light). The last one was 20 minutes! As a result there were quite a few hot pixels to edit out even after the dark frame and NR in post were applied.
Hard to believe these falls are 12 metres in height, they look so serene and small in a long exposure.

Goðafoss
Alpa SWA
Schneider 35XL
Phase one P45

M

mjr

That's lovely Thrice, was there last week and really missed not having a tech cam with me, great shot.

Mat