The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

vjbelle

Just after sunrise at Capitol Reef..... Even though its not the best image I couldn't pass it up.. Actus, Phase 3100, Schneider 180 Digitar.

Attachments

gerald.d

Something from my own collection for a change... a vintage Grand Seiko from 1969.

The crystal is a little scratched up, but I have a new one ready for when I send it off to a watchmaker for a service :)

Kind regards,

Gerald.

pesto

Here is one of the Jupiter, Florida Lighthouse. This was my first time out with my new Rodenstock 90 and there were two (at least) lessons to be learned:
1/ It is unwise to shoot long exposures from a draw bridge that thinks it is a trampoline and,
2/ 90 mm is not all that long on an IQ 260 back.
This is only about 10-15% of the full frame, so shaky bridge and heavy crop ...excuses, excuses!!!

Jupiter Lighthouse 2.jpg

vjbelle

From the Valley of the Gods near Monument Valley. Processed in Nik Silver Efex Pro. As I am still traveling all of this was done with my MacBook. The MacBook can easily handle a 20MP file with all filters such as Nik or Topaz, etc. I process my Phase 3100 files to 20MP and all is well. Its wonderful to travel with a light computer (under 2 lbs) that can actually process this stuff. Could easily be something accomplished in the PC arena as well. The Valley of the Gods has many photo opportunities that have not been mentioned here much.
Actus, Phase 3100, Schneider 72mm Digitar.

Victor

Attachments

Last edited:

Pemihan

Very nice Victor. Valley of the Gods is great! Did you drive up the Moki Dugway? If you take the first road to the left once on top you can drive out and get a great view of Monument Valley in the distance.

Peter

From the Valley of the Gods near Monument Valley. Processed in Nik Silver Efex Pro. As I am still traveling all of this was done with my MacBook. The MacBook can easily handle a 20MP file with all filters such as Nik or Topaz, etc. I process my Phase 3100 files to 20MP and all is well. Its wonderful to travel with a light computer (under 2 lbs) that can actually process this stuff. Could easily be something accomplished in the PC arena as well. The Valley of the Gods has many photo opportunities that have not been mentioned here much.
Actus, Phase 3100, Schneider 72mm Digitar.

Victor

vjbelle

Very nice Victor. Valley of the Gods is great! Did you drive up the Moki Dugway? If you take the first road to the left once on top you can drive out and get a great view of Monument Valley in the distance.

Peter
Peter..... thanks for the kind words. I did not drive up the Moki Dugway but will next time. This is far from my last visit..... in fact it I hadn't been staying in Bluff I would not have even known about this place. I noticed it as I was driving to Monument and decided to see what there was to see. Time was precious as I had driven down from Capitol Reef and spent some time at Glen Canyon - which was fascinating. The next day was going to be overcast and also my last day for this trip. I had wanted to see if I could get a good image of the Mittens but as it turned out that was a bust due to lighting - I should have spent that additional time in Valley of the Gods. This is my favorite time of the year for landscapes as the sun is always low so there is usually something photographic throughout the day.

Victor

vjbelle

Taken about 12 miles South of Torrey coming back from Bryce late in the afternoon. This is not from a turnout and its a little difficult to find a spot where the view isn't blocked by some trees. Actus, 180mm Digitar, Phase 3100.

Victor

Attachments

Last edited:

vjbelle

A back-lit image from Bryce which C1 handles with ease. The sun was just above the top of this image and shining directly at me. Shadows were brought up 50 in C1 and that equalized the image. I have yet to shoot multiple exposure images for HDR as I have found C1 and the Phase Sensor able to handle an image like this easily. I always expose for the highlights which always results in a dark image. Actus, 72mm Digitar, Phase 3100, Lee 2 stop GND.

Victor

Attachments

thrice

Dappled sunlight in the Victorian rainforest, not a problem for Lightroom :p
ALPA STC, P45, Schneider 50mm f/2.8 Super-Angulon @ f/16. 3 horizontal images +/- 18mm rise/fall stitched in Lightroom.

Last edited:

stngoldberg

I used 5 degrees of tilt to attempt to get the entire image in focus with a phase one 100mp back on a Arca Swiss rm3di with a 210 Schneider lens at f11. because of some wind the shutter speed was 1/250 sec
Stanley

vjbelle

Glen Canyon view looking East mid morning. The sun was very low from the right and slightly filtered. Always nice to have some clouds.... Actus, Schneider 60mm Digitar, Phase 3100, Lee 2 stop GND.

Victor

Attachments

TimG

Outstanding image,

How do you find the 90mm? I've just bought the 32mm digaron (Tilt/Swing) for my WRS-5000, it's an unbelievable piece of glass,

I was thinking of going with a Schneider 43mm XL and also the Digaron 90mm, but not sure whether to go for the 70mm,