The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Technical Camera Images

bomzi

This photograph was recently made as a part of an ongoing project on New Delhi's polluted waterways.
Arca Swiss RM3Di with a Phase P45+

CF000498-small2.jpg

danlindberg

Mr Lindberg, and I say that most respectfully... This is simply stunning as is pretty much of all you post here. I'm sure I am not the only one to be inspired by your mastership and craft. Thank you for your inspiration and hope that us mere mortals can aspire too.
Regards
Frank
Thank you very very much Frank! There is a lot of talent and knowledge in this forum, so I am truly humbled with your post. :salute:

BlinkingEye

The 210mm Schneider was used on this image with an Arca rm3di and a Phase 100 meg back; the lens weighs less than 15 ounces. I find the resolution amazing given my Hasselblad 210mm has a weight of 2.9 pounds

Stanley
When were you in Jupiter? That is where I live. Are you a Palm Beach County part timer? We should meet. Please private message me.

gagemanning

The 210mm Schneider was used on this image with an Arca rm3di and a Phase 100 meg back; the lens weighs less than 15 ounces. I find the resolution amazing given my Hasselblad 210mm has a weight of 2.9 pounds

Stanley
Hello, I've recently purchased a Cambo 1600. I would be interested how you got the 210mm Schneider to work with the Arca rm3di? I know we are talking about 2 difference camera mounts. Can you buy after market lens board to attach the lens to the arca? Any help would be appreciated.

gage

stngoldberg

Purchased the lens from Capture Intergration and they had Arca Swiss mount it for me. It comes with a rather large Spacer that is mounted between the camera and the back for the purpose of focus. After conferring with Rod Klukus, the Arca US representative; I learned when employing tilt on this lens, it is best to keep the camera level whenever possible to gain maximum depth of field.
Stanley

gagemanning

Purchased the lens from Capture Intergration and they had Arca Swiss mount it for me. It comes with a rather large Spacer that is mounted between the camera and the back for the purpose of focus. After conferring with Rod Klukus, the Arca US representative; I learned when employing tilt on this lens, it is best to keep the camera level whenever possible to gain maximum depth of field.
Stanley
Thanks!!! Does anyone install there own lens boards? Also, I've noticed Rodenstock has a 360mm large format lens that I wondered if it would work on the cambo 1600 body?

thanks,

gage

Pemihan

You probably could but you would end up with a very long extender(s) between the WRS and back. I inquired Cambo about the SK 210 and it would take two 48mm extenders...!

Peter

Thanks!!! Does anyone install there own lens boards? Also, I've noticed Rodenstock has a 360mm large format lens that I wondered if it would work on the cambo 1600 body?

thanks,

gage

MrSmith

Convention when shooting a watch is either 9 minutes to 2, or 9 minutes past 10.

Top two are done that way purely for symmetrical purposes :)

i think he means the seconds hand? was the first thing i noticed.
i just pull the crown out at the right position (if it’s not a dummy model with no movement) and retouch it back in. a lot easier than moving the hand in post!

gerald.d

i think he means the seconds hand? was the first thing i noticed.
i just pull the crown out at the right position (if it’s not a dummy model with no movement) and retouch it back in. a lot easier than moving the hand in post!
I'm perfectly content with the positions of the hands.

If we all chose to jump on the things that we don't like about others' images when they post in this thread, it probably wouldn't be long before it died a death.

I don't doubt that pretty much every person reading this thread could find something they object to, or feel it necessary to opine negatively on, in every shot posted.

For example...

I don't doubt that AP were very happy with your RO perpetual calendar shot, despite the fact the week hand is pointing to week 33, when the rest of the calendar is indicating February 28th. Maybe it's not important to them that their watch is shown indicating the date like that? I'm not the photographer, I'm not the client. I assume both photographer and client were happy with the result. I also don't really like the way you lit it with the reflection off the crystal. But that's not really any of my business either. It's a personal subjective opinion that I'm quite happy to keep to myself.

If anyone else would like to criticize the image and object to how I chose to shoot my watches, for me, please feel free to chime in. I'm all ears.

MrSmith

"I assume both photographer and client were happy with the result.”

they were, hopefully yours were too. thats all that matters.