The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

darr

Well, there's a little bit more to it I think because I also have the Nuvofocus mount but it doesn't have the front Alpa addition where the Alpa iPhone adapter is mounted ...

Graham, this is the photo of the ALPA (left) and Cambo (right) mounts from the Nuvofocus website. My A/S rod & hood will fit the adapter according to their site info. Does yours look like this?

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Yes - I have the one on the left for Alpa. Juergen's mount though is different and has an extra Alpa accessory mount on it.

dick

Do any of these **** cameras give you a useful range of movements with 100 degree lenses?

If you have your sensor vertical, and you want to use all your Mpxs to photograph a building from eye level upwards, what are the options? (I hope to be able to do this with Sinar P3 + SK 47XL).

¿Am I allowed to discuss view cameras here, or do we need a separate thread?

stephengilbert

¿Am I allowed to discuss view cameras here, or do we need a separate thread?

Ideally, the best choice is to start a new thread. You're more likely to get attention if your subject is in the thread name, and it'll stop this thread from going off the rails again.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Here is an other one .

View attachment 61121

Yes , the adapter and hood plate are made by myself .
Graham is right . Its the LEE standard hood with two filterslots + M86 ring and the ALPA iPHONE holder can be mounted on top of the adapter .
I will give details in an other thread soon .

danlindberg

My favorite weekend setup. The ALPA TC and Schneider 35XL. No extra lenses. This is my medium format Leica M9. Lightweight and handholdable.
I bring the lightest tripod I have as well, an ultralight Gitzo 2 series and the Linhof 3D levelling head. With the extra plate on the side I do not need to attach/detach anything at all. The only three more items I also bring are the cable release, 6 stop ND (Heliopan) and one spare battery. One CF card in camera (8gb) is enough.

Absolutely love it and could not think of a single camera I would rather have.

danlindberg

Steve, I am guilty too with complex, heavy and bulky solutions for shading the lens. Flexarms, clamps and you name it....

So, truth is, it is really nice to go back to basics and light weight! This shade is one of those 'cheapo' rubber things. I cannot extend it because it gets in the image :eek: but using it compressed as in the pics it works perfect. :)

PeterL

My Alpa TC, IQ 140, and SK Apo-Helvetar 120/5.6 ASPH. Gerald wanted to see the Arca-Swiss slidefix mount on the TC in another thread, here it is. I really like it, not going back to the bulkier old mount.

Cheers, -Peter

Woody Campbell

Workshop Member
My Alpa TC, IQ 140, and SK Apo-Helvetar 120/5.6 ASPH. Gerald wanted to see the Arca-Swiss slidefix mount on the TC in another thread, here it is. I really like it, not going back to the bulkier old mount.

Cheers, -Peter
That fat rubber band thingy looks like a great way to manage the cable. Source?