The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

rayyen

I am addicted...
ALPA 12 TC w/ Schneider Digitar 24mm XL
ALPA 12 STC w/ Schneider Digitar 36mm XL
ALPA 12 SWA w/ Schneider Digitar 47mm XL

Pemihan

Well, ofcourse I will explain...:)

It is the original lens shade for a Fuji GX 680 III. I figured that the big size made for the fuji with filmsize 6x8cm + movements, it should be perfect for my Alpa.

It comes with Fuji special rings that attach to the lens with a filtersize of 82mm.
Dan, where did you buy that shade? Does it have a model#?

Peter

tjv

That's some setup for out in the wild! How do you find the process of tethering out in the open? It must be cumbersome?

Hi everyone! It's good to finally get a chance to post something here :D Here's a shot of my Sinar P3 + IQ180 during a trip to Jeju Island, South Korea last month..

jars121

This was a very, very dangerous thread for me to click on. I've only just received my GX680III and I'm already lusting after an Alpa TC :(

Professional

^^^ I am lusting for a Tech camera mostly from Alpa since maybe 2010 or 2011, what i can say then when i click hundreds times here?!!!

schuster

Hasselblad ArcBody with 35mm, 45mm and 75mm Rodenstock lenses, Phase One IQ160 digital back. Camera body has rise and tilt.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hasselblad ArcBody with 35mm, 45mm and 75mm Rodenstock lenses, Phase One IQ160 digital back. Camera body has rise and tilt.

Ken
As far as I know , all three lenses mentioned above are RODENSTOCK
APO-GRANDAGONS .
Their major strength , as per RODENSTOCK , is not the digital capture .
You use a PHASE ONE IQ160 . Can you please tell , how is the image quality regarding light fall off , resolution and sharpness ? ? ?

schuster

Ken
As far as I know , all three lenses mentioned above are RODENSTOCK
APO-GRANDAGONS .
Their major strength , as per RODENSTOCK , is not the digital capture .
You use a PHASE ONE IQ160 . Can you please tell , how is the image quality regarding light fall off , resolution and sharpness ? ? ?
Hi Jürgen -

The 35 and 45 are Apo-Grandagons and the 75 is a Grandagon-N. The 75 is used primarily with the extender, and that's the setup in the photographs. I needed the larger image circle of the 75 for a job, and that was on the camera at the moment. Otherwise, the 45 is on the camera most of the time.

It doesn't seem that there would be much difference between a 35 and 45, but in fact this 35 is significantly wider. I use the 35 occasionally. The exposure falloff and distortion are obvious, compared to the 45 which is visually almost non-existent, probably because of the large image circle relative to the IQ160 format. The 75 is flat as a board, and I don't see a difference in image quality between it and the 45. Both are really exceptional in my experience.

The scenic image I've uploaded is from a TIF for a 22 X 31" print. It's a "vertical pano" sequence of three images stitched in Photoshop. Shot with the 45 and IQ160 back.

OliverM

I am addicted...
ALPA 12 TC w/ Schneider Digitar 24mm XL
ALPA 12 STC w/ Schneider Digitar 36mm XL
ALPA 12 SWA w/ Schneider Digitar 47mm XL

Hello,

I have a 12 TC that I like a lot, but I would appreciate the vertical shift of the SWA. I was a bit afraid that the size of the SWA would make it really more difficult to travel with. That's not so obvious in this picture.
What is your opinion ?
Also the SWA is so gorgeous ...

Thanks
Oliver

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Hi Jürgen -

The 35 and 45 are Apo-Grandagons and the 75 is a Grandagon-N. The 75 is used primarily with the extender, and that's the setup in the photographs. I needed the larger image circle of the 75 for a job, and that was on the camera at the moment. Otherwise, the 45 is on the camera most of the time.

It doesn't seem that there would be much difference between a 35 and 45, but in fact this 35 is significantly wider. I use the 35 occasionally. The exposure falloff and distortion are obvious, compared to the 45 which is visually almost non-existent, probably because of the large image circle relative to the IQ160 format. The 75 is flat as a board, and I don't see a difference in image quality between it and the 45. Both are really exceptional in my experience.

The scenic image I've uploaded is from a TIF for a 22 X 31" print. It's a "vertical pano" sequence of three images stitched in Photoshop. Shot with the 45 and IQ160 back.

Thank you Ken for the explanation .
I use an APO-GRANDAGON 4,5/45mm on my ALPA together with a CFV39/50 and am very satisfied with the results .

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I think that too often we strive for optical perfection with the latest digital glass unnecessarily (I'm guilty). When we print vs pixel peep, the older glass still produces super results.