The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

Thanks,
I'll be posting another pic at the end of december when I got a few more goodies on her.
Don't know why but I didn't put my 17mm tilt/shift in the picture. Oh well, in a month I'll have everything and take another pic.

WOW . What a portrait . :thumbs:

darr

I do love my Max as well! I just do not get enough time to shoot at this time. Hopefully I will be getting a better schedule with my job and start back on a project. ;)

Its a little easier for me, this is my job ;) However, sometimes I wish I had more time to go shoot just for the love of photography.

I do love my Max as well! I just do not get enough time to shoot at this time. Hopefully I will be getting a better schedule with my job and start back on a project. ;)

jagsiva

Arca-Swiss RM3Di and Factum

Arca came in. Pics of the the RM3Di and Factum with 32HR and 35XL. Still awaiting the 60XL and Rotamount.

The RM3Di has a few improvements. Also pictured here with the handgrip extension.

Thanks again for all your help and of course Doug and my dealer Walter (B3K)

David Klepacki

Thanks for the pics of the RM3di and the Factum!

It looks like something is "missing" though. There seems to be no way to mount an eModule on the Factum. There does not seem to be any dovetail to mount one, like on the RM3di. Does Arca-Swiss supply some kind of adapter? Or, you must forego using an eModule on the Factum?

jagsiva

Thanks for the pics of the RM3di and the Factum!

It looks like something is "missing" though. There seems to be no way to mount an eModule on the Factum. There does not seem to be any dovetail to mount one, like on the RM3di. Does Arca-Swiss supply some kind of adapter? Or, you must forego using an eModule on the Factum?
There is an adapter. If you notice, the Factum does have the RJ11 adapter for the electronic connection. This adapter, grip, and Cloud are supposed to be coming in in the next couple of weeks, but as always take that with a grain of salt. I will post once I have had my hands on them.

The Factum does need a proper grip though, so I am looking forward to what they bring out.

The Rm3di above has the optional grip extension and makes handholding it far more easier/comfortable.

David Klepacki

There is an adapter. If you notice, the Factum does have the RJ11 adapter for the electronic connection.
Are you 100% sure about this? That Arca-Swiss will provide you with an adapter that creates a dovetail slot on it like for the RM3di? Or is it a unique version of the eModule that will only fit the factum and not the RM3di?

And if there will be an adapter, why did they do this then, when they could have just included a dovetail on the FAC body without needing an extra adapter piece?

David Klepacki

Jagsiva, what did you do to get your Factum so quickly?

I see you ordered it just two weeks ago. I placed my order with Capture Integration on September 16, and am still waiting for mine. Did you order through Capture Integration?

Last edited:

jagsiva

Jagsiva, what did you do to get your Factum so quickly?

I see you ordered it just two weeks ago. I placed my order with Capture Integration on September 16, and am still waiting for mine. Did you order through Capture Integration?
David, I got mine from my local dealer in Toronto, B3K Digital. Given the small volume runs on each item, I think orders are typically batched so I could have just gotten lucky. Just check with CI, I'm sure they just as efficient.

proenca

No offense intended to Arca or Cambo artisans, nor to Leica shooters :)

Dan, I sure admire your TC portrait.
Thank you David. REALLY thank you.

Bought a Leica S2. "will not lust for photographic equipment for at least a while"

or so I thought until I saw this.

hate you mate :p

fantastic looking cameras, really drooling here :)

Bought a Leica S2. "will not lust for photographic equipment for at least a while" or so I thought until I saw this.
Thank you! Each one is a jewel.

But be sure to keep that S2, it's wonderful. Alpa is considering support for an S2 mount with aperture control for their new FPS camera body. The more encouragement they get the better! It'd be super to have the extra stops those S lenses offer... "S" is for superb.

Pemihan

Cambo WRS, SK47XL, DM22 (DM33 on the way:)

Same setup (or maybe with the SK35XL) on the edge of Tatahatso Point, Grand Canyon

danlindberg

Just browsing old folders I saw this shot from last summer. Looking outside right now, I need to be reminded that winter does end....sometime....