The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Can't show a photo of "All" my camera gears...otherwise wife may be very very upset :p
I can understand that very well . I am sure , that many getdpi members have developed nice excuses and lovely "fairytales" to hide their beloved gear .

Shashin

I can understand that very well . I am sure , that many getdpi members have developed nice excuses and lovely "fairytales" to hide their beloved gear .
I have no idea what you are talking about? You would obviously need a really good picture of a leaking faucet before you could replace it. And you would want the best tool for the job.

And the Alpa TC (Tethering Clip) is really useful for walking the dog. The fact you can add a lens and digital back is just a bonus.

mmbma

I have no idea what you are talking about? You would obviously need a really good picture of a leaking faucet before you could replace it. And you would want the best tool for the job.

And the Alpa TC (Tethering Clip) is really useful for walking the dog. The fact you can add a lens and digital back is just a bonus.
Haven't lied about my tech camera but then I told my wife the Leica Monochrom is the cheapest digital Leicas because it only takes black and white....every time I take it out to take pictures of our kids she would complain that I was "too cheap" to buy a color version.

Shashin

Haven't lied about my tech camera but then I told my wife the Leica Monochrom is the cheapest digital Leicas because it only takes black and white....every time I take it out to take pictures of our kids she would complain that I was "too cheap" to buy a color version.
Exactly. You should tell her the B&W version of Photoshop is cheaper too.

MB100

"Mine" for a little while thanks to Digital Transitions and Lance Schad. For the resulting image from this set up, check out my latest article on the Cambo WRC-400. The final image from this set up took around 45 minutes of separate exposures including 5 different digital back positions (stitching), LCC's, dark frames, and different focus points allowing for 5 different final stitches to be combined into a focus stack for ultimate DoF

Stitching with the Cambo Wide WRC-400 | Brian Hirschfeld Photography

arvedg

Am I texting into the right box? Hope so ...

Having been a silent reader of these pages for quite a time now I thought to take advantage and say hello to this fantastic community. It looks you guys are the REAL photography freaks - meant in the best possible way.

Not having great experience in the view camera field yet I won't be posting too much next months, instead it will be more reading and learning, learning, learning. There is so much to know for this next step - and it's adventurous times to be able getting into.

Just this one post at least I wanted to send for start, stepping out of anonymity. I am a German photographer (and right now also photography guide) who moved to Venice in Italy. The sun, the kind of how to live a life in the Mediterranean area, well, guess I don't have to get into details.

For the beginning I thought to join into your tradition of showing my new sweet piece of equipment (a quick snap yesterday for my blog - the text is for my followers who usually shouldn't know this kind of equipment, so don't wonder).

In a first step the Alpa Max, the Rodenstock HR40, and a tilt adapter will do their job without too many fancy add-on features around - keeping things simple. Knowing of this getdpi virus on the equipment side I hope to not catch it too quickly :rolleyes:

Thanks to all of you writing up so much of information here cannot tell how much of value this is for me! There will be the day I feel comfortable first asking one and another question, later sharing my experiences and solutions for others - and then I will happily join the discussions.

Till then I'm watching you :toocool:

Arved (Gintenreiter)

Dogs857

My MF gear has finally started arriving.

A big thankyou to the getdpi community for advice and help and answering questions that have been asked a million times by people like myself who are trying to enter the tech cam market. Yes it is a personal choice but it is always good to get the perspective of those who know.

Special thanks to Michelle and Doug at DT who have been quite accommodating at helping me spend my money :p Really nice people to deal with and a lot of info.

Lastly to Bob who was extremely helpful and understanding.

So I settled on an Arca Rm3di
Rodenstock 40mm
Rodenstock 70mm
Rotamount
Viewfinder
IQ180
And of course the Arca cube.

Dante's Inferno is well and truly alight and I am loving it.

Now to chase the light.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The lens shade you can see in the above image is a for HASSELBLAD 38 shade with a diameter of 90mm .
For hand held shooting , I made my own quick "snap on" LCC filter .
The LCC filter snaps onto the shade just by a soft kind of "screw on and off" .
The filter does not fall off . The rubber ring gives a good grip of the filter to the shade .

View attachment 79814

Click on the image to see some details . You will not only see the filter but also a lot of dust .
I have made filters for 70 mm , 75mm and 90mm diameter . That covers all of my lenses I would ever use for hand held shooting .

Frederic

That's nice! I was thinking of 'designing' a similar LCC lens cap that would have been 3D printed, but I'll probably give your idea a try first.

gerald.d

I'd love a set of those.

I don't suppose you've ever thought of making them to order?

Kind regards,

Gerald.