The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

stephengilbert

SKGrimes made me a couple. I sent them two 82mm LCC disks, and they made Delrin adapters -- like a lens cap with the center missing -- that slips over the lens barrel. One fits my wide Schneiders (67mm filter thread, 70mm outside diameter), the other fits the center filter for those lenses (72mm thread, 75mm OD).

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The forgotten lens .

SCHNEIDER SUPER ANGULON 5,6/72mm .
I did not want to give that lens away for a song and got it adapted for my ALPA beauties some years ago . The lens performs well with the CFV-39 .

schuster

Jotloob - I like that shutter release adapter. Does it work as well as it looks? Do you know if it's available online?

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Jotloob - I like that shutter release adapter. Does it work as well as it looks? Do you know if it's available online?
That shutter release adapter button is an original ALPA part and is gold plated .
It works fine and is part of each ALPA Lens . ALPA has no Online Shop . So you should either contact ALPA directly or your dealer .

Frederic

Here an example of the LCC adapters .
You will need a milling machine and a lathe with an 80mm chuck .
Also , the material is not easy to get . It is hard PVC in black .
Thanks Jürgen, unfortunately I don't have access to such tools... will stick to my 3D printing plans, and share the models if I get good results.

The LCC part of your adapters comes from a genuine LCC plate, or did you use a more common translucent plastic ?

stephengilbert

It's not really gold, is it? I always thought that was an urban myth, probably started by someone like Ken Doo.

I looked it up, and ALPA says it is 14k gold plated. Never question Jürgen.

kdphotography

It's not really gold, is it? I always thought that was an urban myth, probably started by someone like Ken Doo.

I'm really shocked at the decline in quality materials used. I would have expected no less than 18k from Alpa. I'm glad I went with my Cambo. :angel:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member

I feel like a season end episode of 'Gold Rush' with my Baggie of gold Alpa releases :D

jotloob

Subscriber Member
You know that there is a Sinar White Shading Diffusor that fits on Sinar lens adapter rings? (I use one).

No Thomas
I did not know about the SINAR diffuser filters .
But it is too late . I have made my set , they work perfect , have no big screws and it was a pleasure to make them .

The SINAR filters might be of interest for Gerald . D .
Gerald please have a look and also see my P.M.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The LCC part of your adapters comes from a genuine LCC plate, or did you use a more common translucent plastic ?
Frédéric

The LCC filters are made of a 3mm 40% translucent ACRYL milkglas (Not OPAL) and I gave both sides a Satin Finish using P400 emery paper in a first step and P1200 in a second step .

Landscapelover

Senior Subscriber Member
Frédéric

The LCC filters are made of a 3mm 40% translucent ACRYL milkglas (Not OPAL) and I gave both sides a Satin Finish using P400 emery paper in a first step and P1200 in a second step .
Jurgen...Would you mind providing a link where to buy it?
Thanks very much in advance.

Pramote

JonMo

Well, it flat stitches, has 20mm of movement long side, 25mm short.
The camera, errrr, digital back with FPS function slides along a stable image plane while the lens is stationary.
Goto be a Tech Cam!

Spent most of last year in hospital or wheel chair. Got surgery and they cut back the weight limit I am allowed to carry for the next fews years so all the Medium Format and 35mm stuff had to go. Used to use this;

Oh well, live and move on. :rolleyes: