The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

beano_z

Why was the lens delayed by Rodenstock and rejected by ALPA ? ? ?
I got two notifications of Rodenstock delaying the delivery to ALPA, then, one day before he shipping date to me, ALPA said the lens they recieved didn't pass their quality control so they had to send it back.

In the end I got another lens (presumably ordered for some other purpose) delivered to me as they felt bad failing twice delivering the lens at their promised time.

Anyway, that's what I was told by ALPA, because the only contact I had was with their local official distributor.

As Alpa 'starter' kits go that's no too shabby! Starting with the best on all fronts by the look of it. :salute:
Thanks, other than the back, I'm actually not looking to upgrade anything anytime soon, maybe another lens in between the 32 and 90 sometime next year :p

kdphotography

Other people take snapshots of their kids on weekend mornings.

Tech cam owners take photos of their, well,...... :p

Hey, your other Alpas (kids) are gonna get jealous....:D

Kevin Sink

The Bergans looks heavy, even empty. From their website it looks like it weighs 11 lbs. Did I read that correctly? Is it waterproof? Looks like a beast though - very durable. Need to do more squats & deadlifts for this puppy! :bugeyes:

dchew

Thanks Darr. You should show us all!

BTW, I don't like the little finger grip. My 70hr is an SB17, and that adapter jams my fingers with this grip. If I get the regular hand grip it looks like there is more finger room based on Alpa's photos. Is that right?

Dave

darr

Thanks Darr. You should show us all!

BTW, I don't like the little finger grip. My 70hr is an SB17, and that adapter jams my fingers with this grip. If I get the regular hand grip it looks like there is more finger room based on Alpa's photos. Is that right?

Dave
Yes, I believe there is more finger room. I will try and take a snap of my TC tomorrow with me holding it by the grip so you can see how it looks.

Darr

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
The regular sized grip is a lot easier on the hand. Also it locks the releases on the right side with a spring loaded clip covering the lever.

I have one of the small grips sitting in my parts box too alongside the left side wake-up grip and cabling that I used once and then stored. :rolleyes: