The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

darr

ALPA TC + SK 5.6/28 mm XL + Linhof 6x9 Multifocus Viewfinder + Hasselblad CFV-50c
ALPA Max + SK 5.6/47 mm XL + Linhof 45 Multifocus Viewfinder + P45
SK 5.6/120 mm M (macro) and SK 5.6/72 mm L

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Well, Darlene is definitely the recipient of the most colorful Alpa group shot award so far!! Beautiful as always.

The bar has been raised :)

darr

Well, Darlene is definitely the recipient of the most colorful Alpa group shot award so far!! Beautiful as always.

The bar has been raised :)
Thank you Graham!
It was that first box of crayons that hooked me. :)

Congratulations on the FPS. :chug:
I look forward to your adventures with it.

darr

Thanks Darr. You should show us all!

BTW, I don't like the little finger grip. My 70hr is an SB17, and that adapter jams my fingers with this grip. If I get the regular hand grip it looks like there is more finger roo
m based on Alpa's photos. Is that right?

Dave​

Dave here is a quick shot of the ALPA handgrip (synthetic smooth) I use with my TC. I purposely photographed it with my largest lens, the SK 28 so you can see the clearance. I have smaller hands when compared to most males, but the grip is very comfortable in my hand with more room available if I did need it for a larger hand and/or fingers. Unfortunately I have not tried the finger grip so I cannot give an experienced comparison. The picture of me holding the TC was taken while the left hand took the snap with my NEX-7 (not easy!!). :) Hope this helps!

Kind regards,
Darr

dchew

Thank you Darr! Yes that looks like a lot more room. Time to place an order for the most expensive hand grip on the planet.

Ok maybe the control stick on an F-35 Fighter is a little more, but not by that much.

Dave

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
Dave,

There is also the FPS Grip option too that'll work better than the finger grip. It's only a Learjet control stick price vs F-35/B2 Bomber stick price :eek:

tjv

Maybe I'm strange, but I'd like to see Darr's 50c back instead of the camera... The Alpa is cool and everything, but the chrome trimmings of the back look pretty too.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Maybe I'm strange, but I'd like to see Darr's 50c back instead of the camera... The Alpa is cool and everything, but the chrome trimmings of the back look pretty too.

Tim :ROTFL: You are an ALPA/HASSELBLAD philistine . Jocking of course . :ROTFL:

darr

“The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.”

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Darr , did you shoot this , dressed with your green pullover ?:)

O.K. Is this a fair comparison ? ? No CFV-50c , but chrome trimming ? ? ?

torger

That retro look of the CFV back fits the ALPA body very well. It's sad they've kept only one sensor option in the line. I saw a CFV-39 being sold on ebay yesterday for $7300, that's more than I paid for my H4D-50. The CFV is really popular stuff.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Dave,

There's also this one: ALPA of Switzerland - Manufacturers of remarkable cameras - Hand grip for ALPA 12 TC, STC, MAX, XY, FPS

I don't use the tilt adapter on my TC, so I've avoided anything more than the fingertip grip, but this has tempted me.

Maybe someone will buy one and report on it. :)

Steve

Here you are .
Two handgrips mounted to my STC . That's now very similar to an SWA .
Have a look to the top . I made a spacer with the Voigtländer VF on top .
This spacer allows an upshift of the BACK by 10mm if required , additional to the downshift of 18mm . the SWA can't do that . But of course , if you leave the spacer away , you can turn the camera upside down , as recommended for the SWA .
This new handgrip is not as beautiful as a RoseWood grip . It looks a bit bulky , but is extremely good in my hands . Soft and solid . A joy to use .

The cable release you can see in each handgrip belongs to the set .
In fact , the set comes with a long and a short cable release .
I found the short one obsolete and therefore don't use it .
Depending on your preferred hand , you can mount the grip on the left or right side or you mount two grips .
The advantage of two grips with two cable releases is , that you can use one release to shoot your LCC and the other one to shoot your image . :salute:

tjv

Tim :ROTFL: You are an ALPA/HASSELBLAD philistine . Jocking of course . :ROTFL:
:)

I'm the odd one out, for sure. Once in a while I wonder if I should post a pic of my Linhof Techno sitting on the lightbox of my Imacon 949! Maybe next week I can post an iPhone pic of said Techno sporting a CFV-50c during testing.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
Above image size is as recommended by Dan Lindberg .
300 Pixel/Inch , JPG and 1000x1000 Pixel . (or the longest side 1000 Pixel)
Just as a try .