The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Show us your Tech Cam

jlm

Workshop Member
It was, I provided them with a CAD drawing and had them make 3 pcs:
1" base, no openings; 4" layer with the openings; and 1/2" layer, no openings.
All layers profile cut to fit in my gura gear bag. Cost about 135$

vjbelle

That's good to know. Your solution is much more elegant than mine..... I just wrap things and throw them into either of my empty bags (Airport Essential, LowePro AW). Everything is really pretty well protected and I'm able to have either my 'Regular' or 'Long' rail in the bag with the back and lens attached - bellows goes into the laptop compartment. I just put a 1 gallon baggy over the back and lens assembly to keep it clean and lay it down on its side. Fits perfectly with lots of room to spare and assembles quickly.

Hope you get some more use out of your actus..... I wouldn't be without mine. I toyed with the XF but its not for me. I just got to have the ability to have rise or shift and have a large collection of perfectly aligned Schneider Digitars. In the end I would use the XF the same way I use my Actus.... on a tripod using live view for focus so it really made no sense to me. You know how it is..... horses for courses.

Thanks for the info......

Victor

jlm

Workshop Member
I did that for a couple of years, now self butt kicking for waiting so long for a pretty simple solution. Keeps that 32 rodie happy

danlindberg

my rig, dormant right now:
The minute I saw this a couple of days ago I googled where I could find something suitable for my unused Peli 1520 case. Found the original insert, ordered and it came earlier this afternoon. So I spent an hour to layout a basic three lens FPS outfit. I couldn't get any shades to fit, but that's the only things missing for a full day out :)

Isaksson

Hi!

Here are some new images of my current setup with my old and trusty Hasselblad H3DII-50 and info how I power it with an external battery.
Thanks to "torger" for tip about the adapter.

I put the Camera-Settings-Body to "Flash Sync". For longer shutter speeds I use T mode on lens on press once to open shutter and once again to close it.

Battery 8000mAh from Dynamic Perception fastened with a DuoTech strip.
http://www.dynamicperception.com/Portable-Power-8000-mAh-Battery-p/dp-ppb1.htm

DC to Firewire 800 adaptor (Need to cut som plastic off the side to fit)
http://www.mamiyaleaf.com/accessories_digital_backs.html

Attachments

Isaksson

My back with this battery is about 900g vs the CFV50c with battery that weights approximately 650g.
My battery last very long (8000MAh). During a winter day shooting landscapes in -10degrees Celsius it lasted almost from morning to evening.
During a normal day it´s not even half emty after a day shooting landscapes. I also use the H camera system, otherwise I think the CFV50c is a smoother solution.

/Stefan

Nice setup :thumbup:. I'm curious when compared to CFV-50c if heavier and if battery life is improved.

Frederic

Just a heads up to let you know that the Arca-Swiss R-mount Canon adapter kit (ref 017019) is available and shipping.
It consists of 2 parts : an adapter plate on the front to mount the Canon lens board on R-line cameras, a spacer (here's on the rear of the factum) which is the width of the yet to be released A-S focal shutter.

View attachment 125803

andrearch

Italian Excellence, German Precision and Swedish Quality :eek:
Digital eq.: Silvestri Bicam III, sk35mm apo-digitar and sk90mm apo-digitar, Hasselblad cfv-50c
Analog eq.: Silvestri Bicam III, sk47XL and sk72, 6x7, 6x9 and 6x12 horseman back

hogweed

Italian Excellence, German Precision and Swedish Quality :eek:
Digital eq.: Silvestri Bicam III, sk35mm apo-digitar and sk90mm apo-digitar, Hasselblad cfv-50c
Analog eq.: Silvestri Bicam III, sk47XL and sk72, 6x7, 6x9 and 6x12 horseman back

nice, have the same setup, with an IQ160, but less lenses

algrove

This is the coolest shade I have ever used :thumbs: Weighs close to nothing, just slide it on and off in a second (yet snug and safe fit). Excellent result with a little higher contrast even with lightsource behind you, realising that straylight effects the Rodie 32 more than I thought. Flagging really isn't enough for that particular lens. Highly recommended for 32 owners.

Thanks to you I now have this same type of lens hood for my 40HR and 70HR. They weigh nothing and can be folded if need be without damage.

ndwgolf

Can somebody please point me in the right direction to buy all that is needed to set up one of these Tech cameras............body, lenses, finders etc etc
Last night I looked on B&H and the first lens I looked at was a xxxxxxx cant remember but it was $10+ grand OMG

I shoot Chamonix 8x10 and 4x5 so not a complete novice to movements but have no idea about the set up for digital......I will have a digital back for this

Neil

John_McMaster

Neil, there is a wide range of bodies, lenses and backs each with pros and cons - do some research as it will end up costing you a lot of money and possibly for little benefit. How often do you use movements on your sheet film cameras?

john