The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Phase One - Schneider Kreuznach Lens News

lance_schad

Workshop Member
In addition to the Phase One Schneider Kreuznach 55LS,80LS & 110LS lenses which have been shipping for a while , the new 150LS will begin shipping this week along with the 120 T/S. (We are taking orders for the 150LS now)

Also announced with no specific time-frame are a 75-150LS and a 240LS (others are in development with no details at this time)

This is really rounds out the Phase One product line.

There is also a video that was released that was recently recorded at the Schneider Factory in Bad Kreuznach,Germany showing the lens production process.

Lance

Last edited:

lance_schad

Workshop Member
Pricing :

Phase One SK 150LS/3.5 $4,990
Phase One SK 120 TS/5.6 $4,990

No pricing on the other two lenses yet.

Lance

vieri

This is great news, this and the 240 are 2 lenses I have been waiting for a long time - however, the 150 f2.8 is so great that I will have to wait for some reports before switching. Looking at the specs on Phase's site, I am happy to see that the new lens is smaller and lighter (makes sense being it a bit slower). More than the slightly reduced speed, though, I have a problem with the new closest focussing distance: if the specs on Phase's site are correct (and I wouldn't see why they shouldn't be), the new lens focusses at 1.50 meters vs. the old one at 1 meter. This, for me, is the only potential deal breaker: as always, this could be a non-issue for others depending on what one shoots... :D

Ben Rubinstein

I've been promised the 120mm AF Macro by the end of the year by my dealer if that helps. Hope it's more than just wishful thinking!

Jack

Sr. Administrator
Staff member
We are supposed to have a few of the 120's to demo on the Fall CI workshop!

kdphotography

The way the press release is written makes it sound like the 75-150 LS and 240mm LS are already available on the market...

That's probably a bit optimistic, otherwise we'd be seeing a lot more effort by Guy to raise money in the Buy/Sell forum.... :ROTFL:

No worries, Guy---I'm right there with you on the 240mm LS.... :)

Christopher

So where are the real news ? Where is a 45-90 or even 55-90. That is probably the only lens I want and need. Ok the 240 sounds nice, but then again, to use the lenses I would need to spend 3-4k just to get my crappy body replaced by a less crappy body... Before spending even 2k on such a body I would spend the money on another Arca :)

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
If there was a SK 45 Tilt/Swing available then I'm sure that there would be a lot of technical camera outfits up for sale on the buy/sell forum too. As much as I tolerate my DF, I'd be all over a quality mid-wide TS lens for it and probably jump in to using it 100% vs my Alpa.

kdphotography

I'd love a SK 45 t/s too, but would settle for a SK 28 and 35.... That really would stop these silly urges I get on occasion for a technical camera.... Hey, can we get wood grips on the DF body too? :ROTFL:

GrahamWelland

Subscriber & Workshop Member
I'd love a SK 45 t/s too, but would settle for a SK 28 and 35.... That really would stop these silly urges I get on occasion for a technical camera.... Hey, can we get wood grips on the DF body too? :ROTFL:
Trust me, resist that tech camera urge. Your wallet will thank you! :ROTFL:

etrump

This makes me wonder if the next body will even have a shutter. They could emulate shutter in software for the standard glass with the newer backs.

goesbang

Having just made some 1.5x 1m prints of images shot on my Alpa with the Rody23 and IQ180, I find it very hard to see how a superwide on a reflex camera would ever lure me away from the Alpa. The new LCC algorithm in C1 6.3 is a huge step forward also.
Tech cameras rock.
Not to say that I don't love my SK's on the DF, they really are awesome, but at the ultra wide end of the range, I've yet to see anything to beat the tech cams.
I've shot with the 150LS prototype (the one Phase said wasn't good enough) and even it was just fine and dandy. I can't wait till my shiny new 150LS turns up. I guess I'll have to find a new home for my 150/2.8D.....

Guy Mancuso

Administrator, Instructor
Holding out for the 240LS myself. Having the 110 seems a nice gap for the long lens to be 240 just hope it's F4. This lens I could use the speed. My biggest issue deciding is what tech lens next. That calls for a new ski mask to be made. 6k is not chump change.LOL