The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

SDHC cards in the Mamiya ZD back

volkerhopf

Hi,
I am getting a Mamiya ZD next week and I am trying to get organized. One question I can't find an answer for:
Can the ZD back accept SDHC cards or only SD?
Any help would be very much appreciated.
Regards
Volker

fotografz

Good question to which I cannot find an answer. One would assume SDHC, but I assumed that of the Leica M8 and it wasn't true.

The one piece of info I did get about the dual card function of the ZD is that it DOES NOT shoot to both cards at the same time ... this was from a rep. Why a two card function that doesn't capture simultaneously is beyond me ... maybe to accommodate people using different systems to avoid buying more cards of a different type ... but that's nonsense since storage is really inexpensive these days.

volkerhopf

Good question to which I cannot find an answer. One would assume SDHC, but I assumed that of the Leica M8 and it wasn't true.

The one piece of info I did get about the dual card function of the ZD is that it DOES NOT shoot to both cards at the same time ... this was from a rep. Why a two card function that doesn't capture simultaneously is beyond me ... maybe to accommodate people using different systems to avoid buying more cards of a different type ... but that's nonsense since storage is really inexpensive these days.
Hi,

In the meantime I have got my ZD and found out about the SD business. Mamiya beats even Leica - only SD cards are compatible and only up to 2GB. As you said they can't be used simultaneously but only sequentially, but you can choose which one first. That is all I have found out sofar.