The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Portrait shooting with the hassy V system

steflaurent974

I'm planning to buy a portrait lens for a hassy V system. A lot of people or pro should have the experience to answer my question : wich lens would you choose, the 150mm sonnar or 120 mm makro-planar.

I already own a 160mm sonnar, wich is fabulous for landscape but really too crisp for portrait I think.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
The CZ SONNAR 4/150 is the ideal lens for portraits .
Not as sharp as the 180mm though .
I use the 150 lens sometimes with an extension ring of 10 mm which gives fantastic portraits with a very nice bokeh .
I also have the 120 but prefer the 150 because IMO the 120 produces images with a more technical character .

Thierry

on a little shorter side, there is the beautiful "Hasselblad 110mm f2 Planar", very fast lens, beautiful Bokeh.

Thierry

I'm planning to buy a portrait lens for a hassy V system. A lot of people or pro should have the experience to answer my question : wich lens would you choose, the 150mm sonnar or 120 mm makro-planar.

I already own a 160mm sonnar, wich is fabulous for landscape but really too crisp for portrait I think.

jotloob

Subscriber Member
on a little shorter side, there is the beautiful "Hasselblad 110mm f2 Planar", very fast lens, beautiful Bokeh.

Thierry
The 2/110 PLANAR can only be used with the V-SYSTEM 200/2000 series cameras .
It is a fantastic lens for portraits . Thats true .

DDudenbostel

I use both the 120 Macro Planar and 180 Sonnar. Both are superb but I like working a little closer to my subjects so generally I pick the 120.

johnnygoesdigital

If shooting with the CFV, remember the crop factor, which for portraits is a good thing! I've read that a few people complain about turning the camera for portrait mode. Just use a 90 viewfinder, like the RM2, and the CW winder- It's no different than holding an H4.

Thierry

It also fits the Rolleiflex 6000 series, as well as the Leaf AFI (or the Rolleiflex Hy6), although the OP is using the Hasselblad V system.

Thierry

The 2/110 PLANAR can only be used with the V-SYSTEM 200/2000 series cameras .
It is a fantastic lens for portraits . Thats true .