The GetDPI Photography Forum

Great to see you here. Join our insightful photographic forum today and start tapping into a huge wealth of photographic knowledge. Completing our simple registration process will allow you to gain access to exclusive content, add your own topics and posts, share your work and connect with other members through your own private inbox! And don’t forget to say hi!

Adobe Upgrade Supports H4D/60 & HC/HCD lenses

dick

¿are there any plans to make full-blown Phocus work as an add-in for Adobe, including smart object?

What is it for?

¿to give phase users the option of using the software with which they are familiar? (until they learn to appreciate Phocus?)

¿to let us view/select/rate/rename .fff and .3fr files in Bridge? and open them in Phocus from Bridge?

Last edited:
R

rschmid

Maybe a stupid question: Is the CFV-39 back also supported?

N

NatCoalson

Eric, I'm having a problem with the H4D camera profiles that I'm hoping you can help me with. Rather than contact you directly, I thought I'd post it here in case anyone else is experiencing the same thing.

In June 2010 I shot a bunch of images with the H4D-40. I created a custom camera profile for Lightroom using the ColorChecker; I don't recall if I used the Passport software or DNG Profile creator (should this matter?) Everything worked fine - I was able to select a folder of images in Lr and apply the profile with a preset. No problems.

A few days ago I went back to process more pictures from the shoot, many of which had never had the profile (or preset) applied; they were straight from the camera. So naturally they were using the Lightroom Default settings, including the new camera profiles added in the updates mentioned in this thread.

When I pull down the camera profile menu, my custom profile does not show up... just Matrix and Camera Default like mentioned above.

I went back to look at the images I had previously processed, and my camera profile was still working fine on those, and showing up in the menu along with Matrix and Camera Default.

So I tried using Sync Settings to apply the Camera Calibration settings from the older pictures to the newer ones. Upon doing this, the camera profile gets set to Matrix, and still the custom profile does not show up.

It appears to me that since the addition of the Adobe profiles for the H4D-40-50-60 that my custom profile is no longer being recognized... EXCEPT on the files to which it had already been applied.

After trying everything I could think of, there appears to be no way to apply my custom profile to the newly processed photos, yet the photos that were processed prior to the applicable Lightroom update still retain normal function.

(I haven't tried making a new custom profile because the camera was a loaner.... I want to use the existing profile on the new images.)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your help!